
This weekend was the Pinewood Derby. Can you guess which car belongs to Tony????

Did you guess yet?

This is the first heat of the "sibling race"....any idea which might be Olivia's???

The kids had a lot of fun working on their cars this year. Tony's "
CORNCAR" took 2
nd place in the Design Category...good job Tony!!!! Olivia's car didn't win anything, but she had fun making it with her dad and participating for the first time.

CC sent our hamster,
Bubba, some delicious treats in the mail, and Erin said when they were at the
pet store she saw "playpens" for hamsters!!! This got our wheels turning (no pun intended) and we came up with the
Maras version of a hamster playpen...Tony calls it "
HAMSTERDAM."

Each night the kids set up a new play area for
Bubba using blocks and cardboard tubes. We want to make sure he doesn't get bored. He really seems to have fun running around "
Hamsterdam."

Peek-a-boo! (You have NO idea how long I had to sit with my finger on the shutter to get this shot! The little bugger is FAST!)

We did end up buying him a wheel and it's hilarious to watch him run around and around...can you tell it's been a
LOOONNGGG winter?????? This seriously is what we do EVERY night after dinner.
Ahhhh, he is a cute little guy though. What an easy pet to have.

On Sunday we took a ride into Omaha and made a quick visit to the zoo. There are enough inside exhibits to keep you busy for quite a while. It's so nice to visit when it's not crazy crowded. This picture is for Auntie Jojo...she loves the sloth, but he is usually all balled up and hard to see whenever she visits. He was very active yesterday....well, for a sloth anyways.

Olivia got to be up close with her beloved Sea Turtle. This fall, Tony's Cub Scout Pack is having another overnight at the zoo and they get to sleep in the Aquarium. How cool is that? I think Olivia and I will tag along this time.

Tony enjoyed the new Coral exhibit. The zoo is working on a project to grow coral in captivity. It's quite an impressive undertaking!
Ok, after a trip through the Aquarium we all decided our next vacation is going to be to the beach. Right now we've narrowed it down to Hawaii or Costa Rica....any takers?????

After five year we still see something new and amazing
every time we visit....every time.

A trip through the butterfly pavilion helped chase away the winter blues that's for sure!

We saw the sunshine yesterday morning for about 30 minutes and then it quickly went away. We have only had 8 sunny days since December 1st. Good thing January is almost over...we're halfway there!!!!
8 comments:
Your camera takes beautiful pictures!! Kudos to the camera operator, too!!! Sounds like a busy weekend, again....the race cars are great!! Tony, does yours run on E-85? Livie, your car was adorable and I think it should have won for best color scheme!!! Looks like Bubba is having fun, it beats watching t.v., doesn't it???
Ohh how I missed Mr. Sloth! I am so glad you took such an awesome picture of him for me :)
I am a taker (for the beach vacation)!!!!!! Either place sounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool cars dudes! For the record, I was two out of two for guessing your cars! Tony, did you use any of the tools from Christmas? Liv, I'm glad you like your fuzzy sweatshirt I got ya =)
Love,
Jojo
What great pictures. Love the cars kids, great job. Remember it is not how you play the game, it is whether you win or lose or is it ...........
Beach vacation??? Miss all of this shoveling, surely you jest?
Go VIKES! OOps.
Yeah!! Super cool cars! I guessed both of yours right away too. Tony, I bet your car was really great at taking CORNers. Ha! Funny me. Glad Bubba liked his new treats. And for the record, Hamsterdam is WAY cooler than the lame playpen we saw at the pet store. Way cooler. We can't wait to meet him!!
Auntie Ernie
coool! hamsterdam looks awesome! great name tony. good job on the fancy cars. i've never seen corn move so fast. great fun at the zoo. talk soon.
Great pictures! I love the corn car Tony! Very original!
FYI...I picked out Livie's right away...the happy face & flower power did it. Tony you are sooo creative! Good job to you both...The Bubba cave looks like the blocks got put to good use..right Chris??? Nothing like a trip to the Zoo to hoping spring is near.. Gma N
Awesome cars! Tony, did yours run on ethanol or what? We can't wait to get there this week and help re-build Hamsterdam.
Uncle Jeff
Post a Comment