Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh, what a winter!

This is a winter for the record books in Eastern Nebraska. Record snow, record cold and probably record number of "snow days." My kids are home AGAIN today as a result of freezing rain we received last night. This is #7 for the school year. Up until now we didn't need to add any days to the end of the school year, but I'm guessing after today we will.

I snapped these pictures yesterday morning before we walked up to work/school. It has looked like this for nearly a week. I cannot remember the last time we saw the sun, so none of it is burning off during the day. It really is beautiful. The shot above I did not use a flash so you can see the exact color it was outside. Oh, that mother nature has a good sense of humor doesn't she???

6 comments:

Jocko Sr. said...

Great pictures Jo!! Love it. Beautiful blue sky here right now. You guys are really having a wonderful winter season. Snow, ice, rain, wind, and cold. Gotta love it, hey?

Jessie said...

it's actually quite stunning...

Sally T said...

Beautiful pictures!!! I hate ice, but it sure is glamorous!!!

bat act said...

We don't have any snow left besides the little piles shaded in the wood here and there. It looks so pretty! Enjoy your day off.

Bombshell said...

The first picture looks lit up by lights! Beautiful...but cold!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Super cool tree!! Celia keeps saying it will be hot and sunny in NE when we come in a few weeks...she also thinks she will see lizards there. I think she is a little confused. But a girl can hope, right?!?!

See you soooooon!!

Ernie