Thursday, January 31, 2008

We "know" him!!!!

Here's a funny story....Sunday before we went to the museum we stopped at Target. Kids were hungry so we grabbed a pretzel and sat in the "cafe" area which is adjacent to the Starbucks there. I went to get my Carmelatteblendythingamabob drink and Chris Bernheisel waited on me! That's Chris above in his American Idol debut this past Tuesday night. We made a point to watch it because they were featuring Omaha and we had overheard him talking to some co-workers about it. What a riot! For those of you who are American Idol fans you'll know what we are talking about. (For the rest of you, sorry.) Anyways, Chris ended up being on camera for over 8 minutes and has become a local media sensation! He sucked at singing, but has found himself flying out to Hollywood for all sorts of exciting gigs. Here is a link to his audition:
It is wierd that we got so excited about him???? It's been a LOOOONNNGGG winter. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to come out on national tv.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I thought living on Da Range in the winter was boring.

Hey Jo, get a good book to read.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Yay Chris!! But didn't he say his name was Crispin or something like that?? So glad you called me in the nick of time so that the 3Skooges could watch him represent Nebraska. I think Celia covered her ears at one point. It was the most exciting thing to happen to us this week...so yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I thought I was watching the GONG show..for you younger fans..I will explain later...I did have a GOOD laugh though...thanks!! Gma N

Anonymous said...

Target hires the most interesting people...right, Amander? Sally

Anonymous said...

He is so one of the color people we would hire at Target! :)
I have to ask, Jo, did he really think he was good or was he just trying to get on tv?
-Amanda

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Did I tell you that my husband's brother's next door neighbor's hairdresser once bought coffee from a guy who won a popcorn machine on The Price is Right?!? I know it's not quite as exciting as meeting an American Idol Wannabe, but it's a close second. GET A LIFE!!

Anonymous said...

If you don't have anything nice to say, please don't say anything at all.