Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nothin' much happening down here!

Nothing really exciting happening in Nebraska this week. My part-time job was full-time this past week so Chris and the kids have really pitched in to keep things running around here, which I appreciate. Below is a picture of Tony folding towels...while sitting on the dog bed, nice. However, I thanked him kindly without complaint and I did NOT refold them.

Both kiddos got their report cards this week...good news all around. Nice comments from their teachers and good grades - we are proud of them both. Tony has improved his "proper voice volume" and the only area that he needs to work on is "neatness in daily work." Livie is proud her reading level went up to a 8.3 and is holding her own in math. I feel your pain, Liv, I do.

The latest obsession at our house is winning this year's HGTV Dreamhome. Somehow we all found ourselves watching it on tv last weekend and decided if someone has to win, it may as well be us! Chris agreed to do consulting and the kids and I agreed we'd throw away all our shoes if we could live there. This year's dream home is a lovely beach house down in the Florida Keys - and we do love Florida. We can enter once a day through February 19th....wish us luck!!! Not sure how we'd afford the property taxes, but we'll cross that bridge. :) It's good to dream.

Have a great week!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh,I love your honest and ability to hold your slef back JoEllen! I hope I am able to let go whenI become a parent. I already refold the towels Brian does. I just have an appreciation for the "target" fold. ha-ha (I know it's dorky!)
-Amanda

Anonymous said...

Tip:
NEVER NEVER criticize your "help" or your "help" will never "help". :)

Editor

Anonymous said...

Jo, I actually watched part of the HGTV show with the feature of that Dream House. I'm not sure the kids would like it though since the front living room and porch have an unobstructed view of the ocean!!!

-Jeff

Anonymous said...

i'd pitch in to help with taxes if you save me a room for whenever i want. great posting, and i can't do anything right around here.

brian

Anonymous said...

p.s. great job on the grades livie and tony. i never got above a C- in math, it's useless in school and it's useless in life...learn how to use a computer, common sense, and be kind and you'll go as far as you want.

Anonymous said...

Great job kids with the school grades. Math is important, I hate when some store clerk can't figure out what change to give back if the item cost $4.68 and you give them a $5.00. Tough one.

Sally and I will be take care of your NEW Florida home for you. You can visit May through Nov. and we will have Dec. through April.

Papa Jack

Anonymous said...

Hey..I tried last year to win the house in the smokey mts...but I didn't win...so sad...keep those grades up...good job...by the way...I want to see pics of the scout derby...stay warm..xxxooo Gma

Anonymous said...

i like to put simple addition and subtraction under the 'common sense' catagory, not math.

CKenyon said...

Good Luck winning that dream house in Florida!!! Then we can have somewhere else to visit other than South Padre Island (not that I'm complaining)...In 4 more days Reece & I will be in sunny TEXAS...away from the frigid 1 degree forecasted for Friday(:

And as far as math goes....my calculator is my friend.

I too, never refold...whatever attempt is made is fine with me.
Take Care
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!

Awesome news on your report cards guys. I'm not surprised one bit. You get all your smarts from your Auntie Ernie. Hee hee. If you guys win that house, can I be your offical Beach-Taker? I'll take the kids to the beach all day, every day. It would be a tough job, but I'm up for the challenge.

Miss you guys tons and tons. See you in a few weeks!!

Ernie

Anonymous said...

wow...wish you well...Heather and odd had Jack on Saturday.. He weighed 7lbs and is 19 1/2 " It has been a very exciting weekend

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Livie and Tony on the great report cards! Work hard...reap rewards! I was going to try to win that Florida dream house as a surprise for all of you, but go ahead Maras4....and here's a tip on how to pay the taxes...invite your rellies to visit for $1,000 per week...you'll have those taxes covered in no time! Tony, did you learn how to fold towels from Papa Jack??? Gramma sally

Anonymous said...

Why would a guy want to get really good at doing house chores??????

I like when the Mrs. says, "thanks for your help but I would rather do it myself" Sweet.

Jocko

Gramma Sally loves the term "The Mrs."

Anonymous said...

does she like that better than "the wife"

vertinjr said...

Olivia and Toni...congratulations on the good grades....and especially helping out when Mom is so busy...that's great! Now that house in Florida....at $1000 a week.....does that include meals and maid service?

Gloria

Anonymous said...

Great job kids, on helping Mom & Dad and on the great grades in school. Keep working on the math, Liv. It will help you with quilting one day! Love Auntie B
PS, I will stop in Ismorelda and put a WON BY NEBRASKA sign on the house!