
Since we've moved to Nebraska, I 've been very disappointed in our tree each year. The tree farms all grow Scotch Pines...the perfectly groomed to a triangle variety that I hate. (sorry, if you are a scotch pine lover) While it wasn't as fun, the kids and I tracked down a Balsam from Wisconsin at Menards. (Sigh.) It is by far the BEST tree we've had in 4 years. Let's hope it hangs in there until Christmas. As you can see, I have finally relinquished control of the tree. The kids wanted colored lights SO BAD and I gave in. Please don't tell Martha Stewart. :) It changes the whole look, and many of my "country" ornaments and garlands had to be left off, but I do admit it is lovely in its simplicity.

Man, Thanksgiving was so early this year - the weather so warm. After we picked up the tree we all took the dog out for a walk/bike ride. Wierd. No snow in sight, but the kids didn't waste a minute getting on their favorite Christmas jammies.

Ho Ho Ho!
8 comments:
pretty tree. i like the lights and the shape. glad you still go real, we sold out years ago for a perfect plastic tree that doesn't shed. ho ho ho. pj's still look great kids. see you soon.
uncle brian
Your tree looks beautiful...and just WHY can't you put a garland on it? Livie...you must be cold...your fingernails are blue!!! Put your gloves on....love, gramma sally
Awesome tree! I love the colored lights, good thinking guys! How many days do you think our tree will stay standing???
Auntie Ernie
Your tree looks great and you two look fantastic in your pj's. I wonder what gramma Sally would look like? Maybe a nice new pair for her birthday?
Our tree is out in the garage attic. I hope gramma does not get hurt taking it down.
PaPa Jack
Livie and Tony....don't listen to your PaPa Jackie...he wouldn't let Gramma Sally get the tree down. We raised him better than that...they are waiting for Uncle Brian to get it down.....Merry Christmas.
Gloria
PS...Love your jammies...what a neat Christmas card that picture would make..
After seeing these pic. I thought I missed Xmas, had to make sure I was still in the right month! I'll be lucky if mine is up by 24 Dec.(that's a palm tree of course)-kf
Your tree looks great....and TALL!. Especially good with a couple of cute kids in christmas jammies standing in front of them.
Vicki
hey tony and livie, just to let you know, we hung up colored lights on our house this year in your honor...no white lights for us!(sold out)
uncle brian
Post a Comment