Saturday, November 3, 2007

What should we do today????

NOTHING!!!! Here are the kids enjoying a lazy Saturday afternoon....hey, Livie are you eating a snack in my bed????? I went out with friends from work last night so Chris took the kids to a UNO Hockey game. I was a bit skeptical, but it seems they both had a blast. It was at the Qwest Center in Omaha, they played Michigan - crowd of 9,000! Livie really enjoyed watching the game and commented this morning on "the little room they have to sit in when they get in trouble." She even knew they sat there for 2 minutes. Tony had fun dancing to the cool music they played....sorry dad. They didn't get home until almost 11:00 so are pretty shot today. Chris somehow found the energy to mow the lawn today - way to take one for team Chris. :)
WE PLANTED FALL!!!! This week our little maple tree in the front yard turned the most beautiful shade of red. We just planted it last fall so it didn't change last year. What a wonderful surprise this was! Nebraska does not have a lot of maple or pine trees, mostly hardwoods. WHile we enjoy stellar weather, we don't ge the color like up north. We have planted three maples and 5 pine trees since we've moved in. Just doing our part to spread the glory of a "real" Fall.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is your tree an 'autumn blaze'? we want to plant that type of maple around our yard after i gut out the pine trees. glad the kids enjoyed the hockey game. have a good weekend!

uncle brian

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree!!! Even ours doesn't get that red. Hope the pine trees you kidnapped from northern MN survive your mild winter! I'm wondering if Gloria will recognize your bed's headboard? Mom

Anonymous said...

Is hockey a great game or what? They have a little room for the bad boys and you can even dance during the game. Neat. I never spent anytime in the little room, I always played by the rules.

Nice tree. Hey Gloria, is the picture above the bed also from my old house?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend for the crew in Blair. Liv, I like the thought process of having a snack in your mom's bed and not yours. Who likes to sleep in crumbs?

-Uncle Jeff

Anonymous said...

Sally......HEADBOARD? all I see is pillows....but Yes, Jackie....the picture over the bed your Mom had in the living room. Good thing I have a good memory.....But, Tony and Liv....your Grandpa Jocko was such a good kid...NEVER, EVER got into any trouble!!

Gloria

Anonymous said...

JACKIE??????