Monday, November 26, 2007

Fat Pants

That's what we all changed into after devouring the above turkey! We had a lovely Thanksgiving at home this year. While we missed seeing ALL of our extended family, we were so happy that Chris' sister, Joanna and her boyfriend Nick, came down to spend the holiday with us. I was so busy with dinner that I didn't really take any pictures - sorry. No posed, timer shot this year. Besides, I don't know how to use my timer! :)
Since I didn't get any pictures, I dug this one up of Jojo and Nick from last Christmas. They are a great pair and we had fun shopping, eating, visiting the zoo, eating, playing games, and eating while they were here! Joanna is a 4th grade teacher in Mt.Iron and Nick is on the St. Louis County Drug Taskforce (I hope I got that right). Thanks for making the trip guys!

After our company left it was time to get down to business and bottle some beer! Chris brewed a new batch to bring home at Christmas. Tony loves to be Daddy's helper and was so proud to "learn the trade." No samples for Tony yet, but Daddy promised the next batch will be Rootbeer!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey..just wanted to say..Chris' grandfather..Joe...also was a brewer..root beer that is...so that is where he might have picked up the trade?? Sounds like everyone had a good time...too bad no pictures..see you soon..xx00 Gma Nancy

Anonymous said...

glad you guys had some company for the holiday. great pictures as usual. i love that you and chris get the kids involved in so many different things, from the outdoors, to animals, sports, to brewing beverages, wow. brew some rootbeer for ernie since she loves it so much. haha, inside joke with the thompson kids.

Anonymous said...

Wow that turkey looks like Nelson got into it! Rootbeer...yay! We used to make rootbeer when we were kids, there were even some exploding bottles involved!! Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

Jo....I can't say there was ever any rootbeer made at our house, but Pa sure was one heckuva wine maker.....great pictures....just love the "Thompson Clan" blogs.
Tony....you look like you are a great helper!

Gloria

Anonymous said...

Jo, is that a CAN of cream corn behind that turkey?? Tsk, Tsk, Martha would be so disappointed. I, however am very sympathetic to my fellow working moms and realize that sometimes "from scratch" is not better. DO NOT ask my husband about the pumpkin/pecan pie that he made "from scratch".

T.

binzer said...

we'll be up north from fri-tues., so I believe we'll get to see you! I had no idea Chris bottles beer! Brian really wants to get into that...so we're hoping to try a mini-sample! When are you guys coming up??? Love binz