Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ta-Da!


So here it is...Livie's Tipi! As you can see, the glue wasn't even dry yet when I took these pictures. She is very proud of her creation and can't wait to bring it to school on Friday. She and Chris made the entire thing out of "found" items. Check out the "Hudson Bay" blankets, fire ring and the cool beds made from Chris' old "Shack Slippers." (that might explain the funky smell?)

10 comments:

eskubic said...

Wow Liv! That is quite impressive! Those beds look mighty comfortable, even though you'd have to pay me big bucks to sleep in your dad's stinky slippers. Ewe, Sasquach Slippers. :) I can't wait to hear the feedback you get from your teacher...she will love it!

PS
See you very soon!

Love, Ernie

Anonymous said...

Great work Livie! You did an unbelievable job. The blankets are amazing detail and the orange flames are dancing like a real camp fire. I could not be more proud or impressed with your attention to detail and interest in so many different things. The floor of your tipi looks like a wheat tortilla....ummm...tortillas.

-uncle brian

Jen, Josh, Madi and Emma said...

Awesome job Liv! It looks so great. You did a wonderful job on all the small details. I definitely think it's "A+" material! Keep up the hard work :) Jenny-Michael

Anonymous said...

Olivia....what a fantasic job you did on the teepee (tipi)!! I love the Hudson Bay blankets and the outside covering.....you are so talented...but then I am not surprised. You got those genes from Grandma Sally!

Gloria

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB! Livie....that is the best looking tipi I've seen yet (are we spelling this word the right way???) Bet those Hudson Bay blankets aren't as scratchy as the ones at my house that USED to be on your bed! Those came from the old Forest Hotel in Ely, where your mom's grandma Thompson worked...she rescued them after the big fire and somehow came to me. The good old days, hey, Gloria??? Anyway, I'm betting you get an A+ on that project! p.s. warn your teacher about the stinky slipper-beds. Love, gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful job Livie. You continue to impress on all of your school projects. I hope some Native American's get to see what a great job you did with your project. They will be pleased.

Also glad you finished on time. Did your engineer Dad give you any problems?

PaPa Jocko

Anonymous said...

SUPER COOL!

If I were your teacher I would give you a A+! Such detail!

Liv, I gotta ask... Who liked this project more, you or your dad? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ooops an A+

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a tepee Liv. That thing rocks. Can you make one a bit larger that we can sleep in?

-Uncle Jeff

Also, just for the record...tepee definition
n. pl. te·pees or ti·pis
A portable dwelling of certain Native American peoples, especially on the Great Plains, consisting of a conical framework of poles covered with skins or bark.
tepee etymology
[Sioux thípi, dwelling.]

Anonymous said...

Okay, Uncle Jeff...you need to find something do to keep yourself busy!! Enough reading the dictionary!!! Sally