Sunday, September 16, 2007

Right of Passage

BEFORE....
AFTER...
There comes a time in every girl's life when we must partake in the Ancient Tribal Torture Technique of putting holes in our ears!!! Livie's friend Roni, from MN did hers a few weeks ago and that put the thought in our head. This weekend Jo's parents, along with her sister and niece are here visiting....so the girls, and Tony, took a trip to the mall and as you can see Livie has pierced ears!!! It was MUCH more fun having Gramma and Ernie along. Liv was a trooper - a girl went right before her, which helped her to see it's a "piece of cake." No tears, just a little sting, and she has two lovely little multi-colored daisies in her ears. YAY LIVIE!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Livie. You are so brave! I still remember the day I got my ears pierced at Claires in the Duluth Mall. I can't wait to go earring shopping with you Livie!
-Amanda

Jen, Josh, Madi and Emma said...

Yeah!!! Congrats Liv! I think ear piercing is something you never forget - I remember the day I got mine done too. It's not so bad - is it?!?!

Anonymous said...

Yay Olivia.....good for you. They look so nice in your ears. (I did mine myself with a pair of self-piercing earrings...had to keep twisting them) Now....tell you Grandpa Jacko to shake loose and buy you a pair of DIAMOND earrings. I know he will...
Gloria

Shelley said...

Hi Livie! I was in third grade when I got my ears pierced at Herberger's!
They look beautiful! Just remember to twist them every once and awhile!
Hope you had fun with Ernie, Celia, and Grandma and Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

okay....it is my turn...to tell my story...I was out of high school...and no we didn't go to Claire's...you had to go to the docs..so many girls..like me...pierced our own..I used the self-piercers..but that did not work...so I use a ice cube and needle..enough torture...just keep them clean...LOL G ma N

Anonymous said...

Good job Livie!!!!!

-Uncle Jeff

Anonymous said...

You look great Livie! Can hardly wait to tell Roni about your matching ears!! I hope this doesn't mean you are going to follow her next stunt. She is getting her tonsils out in October. I don't think they do that at the mall...

Anonymous said...

Gramma Sally went to the doctor (just like Nancy said) in the good old days and it cost $5 (believe it or not, that's what it cost back then) to get them pierced. Next I peroxided my hair to make it blonde and then I met this guy from Ely, it was all down hill from there. Had a great weekend with you guys,thanks for everything! Love, Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

Sally is correct. Ely's elevation is 1417 and Tower's is 1350 so it was all down hill from Ely to Tower. See what that Tower education did for her????

Her "Uphill" Husband

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Liv! You look beautiful. Make sure you keep them clean for about two weeks until they are fully healed! Auntie B

Anonymous said...

You tell her Jackie........darn Tower kids...always making trouble.

Zia