Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MERRY MERRY EVERYTHING!!!!

Figured I would get one more post in before we leave for MN today. We've enjoyed a busy holiday season here in Nebraska. We got just enough snow to make the kids happy, but not enough to make Chris dust off the John Deere.

Last weekend was a baking and wrapping FRENZY at our house. The kids had fun frosting Ernie's favorite "snowball" cookies. I was too lazy one year to make cutouts, so I just baked them as regular cookies...a new family favorite was born! The kids helped me wrap this year...I must be mellowing with age. They did a great job and saved me a lot of time. Really.

Last night we had our own little "Maras family Christmas". Livie stayed home from school as she was throwing up in the morning...so far, no one else is sick. However, my dad has created a "sick room" out in the garage just in case. Anyways, there's Tony with his favorite present...a stuffed Prong Horn. I do love the internet....look at that happy face! Funny little story...our nine-yr old boy didn't let go of that stuffed animal all night. Chris has a co-worker who's 9 yr old boy is getting a dirt bike...as in a "motorcycle"...for Christmas. Huh.

My other prize online find was this shirt for Livie. The saying fits her to a T!!!! (ha!)


Just had to throw in this picture of my beloved. We are trying to plan a "beach" vacation for February and a new snorkle set was on his wish list. He's actually probably going to need that thing for the trip to MN so he can breathe amidst all that we have to cram into my little Rav4. Good thing our truck with a topper, will be snug as a bug in our garage while we're gone....I'm just saying....


So here we are in front of our tree. Can you believe in 7 Christmas' here I've never taken a picture of all 4 of us in front of our tree? And don't we look special in our sweats, bathrobes, holly jeans.....
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season. May you be surrounded by those you love as we are so fortunate enough to be.




3 comments:

Sally T said...

So glad I got to see what y'all got for Christmas....what about you, Jo? Is Tony bringing his prize pronghorn to MN? Let's hope no one has to use the 'sick room'! See you tomorrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so happy about Tony's pronghorn! COOLIO! Ton- Keep an eye out your window on HWY 53 there's a pronghorn billboard. It's a boot brand I think, but I still think of you every time I see it!

Liv, that shirt was MADE FOR YOU! :) Just darling!

See you SSOOONNN! Yippee Skippee!

Jojo
P.S. Thanks for squeezing in one more post Jo!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Jo.....the kids are growing up much too fast. Have a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year....I sure enjoy your blogs!!

Gloria