Sunday, December 5, 2010
Quest for the Tree
The Saturday after Thanksgiving we headed out to get our tree. Last year I found the most perfect tree EVER...however, we lacked the "experience." The guy followed us out to the field, it took me 5 minutes to find the scraggliest tree he had, he cut it down and BOOM! we were on the road home. 15 minutes flat. Although, I loved the tree, this year I wanted more of the hayrack ride, hot chocolate, yadda, yadda, yadda for the kids. So off to the first tree farm about 30 miles away...
This is what you call an ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN....and also, a bust. No trees to our liking here. Nebraska is all about those awful (sorry if you like them) scotch pines like the one behind Tony. I'm more of a spruce/fir kind of girl. Ok...so about another 20-30 miles to the next tree farm...TOTAL BUST. They hadn't trimmed the trees in years. So you had to look at the top 8 feet of a 20 ft. tree and determine if it would fit in your living room. What a mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, you need snow in that background..we can give you some of ours...like your hat Tony, looks like you guys belong in MN...see you soon..Happy Holidays!!! Gma N
Is it just me, or is Livie growing OUT OF CONTROL?! You're like 5'6 by now! Gezz, slow down :)
Ton, like I said before, you can TOTALLY pull off that hat. It's SO YOU! :)
For the record, I was laughing out loud seeing Ton with the GIANT tree ruler thing... Ha ha
Love,
Auntie Jojo
Nice tree, guys! I LOVE the shiney decorations, too, good choice! Your tree search story was funny...goes to show ya...never discount your own back yard!! We put our up yesterday...we're ready for you guys!!!
looks great. good job. breath chris.
Post a Comment