Monday, May 10, 2010

I want some BREAD!!!!

Hope all you moms out there had a great day yesterday! My ever-resourceful kids showed me lots of love. I received many coupons for FREE chores, two sun catchers made out of beads, a beautiful ring refashioned by Olivia from one of my favorite necklaces that broke, a funny card or two, and two pots of flowers that the kids picked out and planted by themselves. We went to dinner at "Big Mama's" in Omaha. It's one of the spots featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (this is the 4th we've tried) and serves traditional African American cooking. We all enjoyed a fabulous meal and practically licked our plates clean. Good find Chris!!!

I have just begun week two of being Gluten Free. Long story short, I have suffered from severe and chronic canker sores for the last year and 1/2. After much research, trial and error and suffering I am going to try eliminating wheat for the next month. Let's hope this does the trick. I've received lots of advice on how to MANAGE them, but I'm determined to ELIMINATE them. I seriously think I could sit down and eat an entire loaf of bread right now. I am a total carboholic, yes I am. I wish I loved potato chips, cause I'd be set. Unfortunately I'm a brownie, cookie, doughnut kind of gal. Sigh. Wish me luck and feel free to share any hints or tips you may have!

4 comments:

brian said...

Talk to Jodie Cope, I bet she has ton's of creative gluten free food ideas. Good luck.

Brian

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo, your kids sure did a great job for you on Mother's Day...love the potted flowers. I will check with my friend, Lynee..she does gluten free... I will let you know what I find out! Hope we get a chance to see you and the family one of these days!
The Laurienzo's

Sally T said...

I found a cake mix for chocolate cake, gluten-free for only $3.99!!!!! I'll bring you one when we come......

bat act said...

You can do it Jo! Check out Trade Joe's they have gluten free bread. I am a carbaholic too so I symathize. One Jodie's blog she has several gluten free cooking sites. One is crock pot 360 where the lady made a crock pot dinner every night for a year and they are all gluten free. Good luck!
-Amanda