Sunday, March 28, 2010
This n' That
Here's a few new pictures for ya. First, I'd like to share an awesome customer service story. I bought myself a set of these fun ZAK! bowls. They are made from recycled plastic. I loved them so much I ordered 8 plates that we use all the time. Not too long ago, I noticed my big orange bowl was cracked! Oh no! Chris pretty much fessed up....but he wasn't 100% "sure" it was his fault. Anyways...
I still had the receipt but because it was a set that I bought at Younkers I decided to email the company directly. They asked that I send a picture of the damage for proof of purchase and they would happily send me a replacement bowl free of charge. Seriously?
One day when I got home from work last week, I found a heavy box on my doorstep. They sent me an entire new set of bowls. I just wanted to blog about it, as I rarely find this kind of service anymore. Aren't they fun...pasta salad, potato salad, fruit salad...we are so ready for "summer food!"
Bubba the hamster is doing fine. I had been telling the kids and Chris that he gets up with me at 5:30 each day. He smells the coffee and comes out to say Hi. Most days he hops on his roof and does a little dance for me until I give him lettuce. I don't think they believed me so I snapped a picture one morning. Last Monday we were off from school and Chris was the first one up. Sure enough, Bubba came out, hopped on his roof and Chris had to give him his treat. Cute little bugger...Bubba, that is. :)
Today is Sunday and the sun is finally out. It's a little cool and breezy but I shagged the kids outside. Here they are both doing what they do best....reading a book...
...and setting up elaborate habitats in the sand box.
My mom keeps asking for pictures of the bathroom...so here's a teaser. We are CLOSE to being done. Sinks work. Toilet works. Just have to put up towel bars, etc... touch up paint (!) and put shower doors back on. The MN Maras family will be glad they don't have to pee in a bucket when they arrive on Friday. Looks like high 70's are in store by the end of the week, just in time for Easter. Now THAT is the Nebraska spring we have grown used to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your bathroom sink looks nice! Good job, Chris....can hardly wait to see the rest! Bubba looks happy, he is pretty cute and hooray for you on getting a new set of bowls! Wonder how the orange one got broken!?? Fun to see the kids in their natural habitats....just like visiting the zoo. Livie does NOT look happy about having her picture taken, or else that is a very DEEP book!!! Mom
I love a good bowl story. Thanks for the bathroom tease! Love the faucet and countertop choice. I'm surprised you didn't go with a blue laminate top?? Ha! Can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks! Is Bubba coming?
Auntie Ernie
Hey..I like the bowls!! Also like Bubba's house..the kids are waiting anxiously for the trip..not soooo much for Gma N...can't wait
cool bowl story. i'm going to send Nissan a picture of my faded paint on the bumper, maybe they'll send me a new pathfinder. nice sink.
brian
Those bowls are SUPER cute! I have eyed them up at Herbergers before! I am excited to see the rest of the bathroom. Yes, we are thrilled not to pee in a bucket. That may have put a damper on things! This will be my first time meeting Bubba too. I wonder if we can shake hands? :)
See you SOON!!!!!!!!
Wish me luck on the car ride-- Papa, Grandma, Lizzie, Drew... OH MY! I am feeling that there will be plenty of quiet contests!
Love,
Auntie Jojo
Post a Comment