Monday, March 8, 2010

I SPY...

The kids are responsible for putting away their own clean laundry. However, sometimes on days I don't work if I'm feeling generous, I put a few things away for them. Today when I went to Tony's room I had to laugh. The top of his dresser reminded me of an "I SPY" book. Can you BELIEVE the assortment ot items he has collected? And he just cleaned his room yesterday morning so there is nothing on here that he feels needs to be thrown away.

I don't want to leave Olivia out. Granted, I had a piece of glass made for the top of her desk so she could display keepsakes....but still...again, another page from an "I SPY" book. We like to say that this is the "Maras/Bresnik" in them.


Below you can watch Tony rocking it out on Alma Mater Blues. I offered to record Liv on the clarinet, but she declined.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your treasures! I played my own "I Spy" game. I was looking for treasures I bought you! I found some: a card I sent, Alabama stick, some sea turtles... etc. Don't worry, when I sign G-ma Nancy up for "Horders" I will spare you. I don't think you're that bad:) I kid, G-ma Nanc, I kid;)

Ton- Such a SSWWWEEETTTT hat! You are totally hip. As I've said numerous times, you are a budding Clinton Kelly! That is what I think you should be when you get older, ya down? Does that mean you would dress me for free? One would hope :)

Missing you!

Love,
Auntie Jojo

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys should make your own I Spy Dresser Top book. We would totally buy a copy. Just think how awesome it will be when you have your own houses...you can fill up every surface with your treasures!!! :)

Awesome job on the piano, Ton! I love your hat as well! Every time I hear you play you get better and better! Liv, the same goes for you and the clairinet.

I think you two should be in charge of decorating your new bathroom....

xoxo
Auntie Ernie

Jocko Sr. said...

Cool plaid fedora, Tony! All it needs is a feather sticking up on the side! Good job on the piano...rockin'and rollin' already.....keep up the good work. Livie, you and Tony need to work on a duet...that would be AWESOME! I lovelovelove the tops of your dresser and desk...it reminds me that taste is not an issue at your age, only the love of kooky, goofy, interesting and rare treasures given to you by the people who love you! Sometimes I forget that! Miss you guys....gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

You are right Jo...I do have that to look forward to. Vinny's dresser is starting to look like the "I Spy" books. Talia's only has to items on it right now...a piggy bank and music box. I am sure as she aquires more small items they will start to pile up her dresser and vanity! Nice job on the piano Tony! Do you sing too? I know you guys are big American Idol fans... Who's your favorite this round? Maybe one day you can audition? Woo woo!

The Laurienzo's

brian said...

great job tony! you're playing better and better each time. keep at it!

uncle brian

Anonymous said...

Hey..you go Tony aka Billy Joel...you & Livie can do a concert for us...By the way...love the collection..everyone needs one ..right??? See you soon..Gma N