Thursday, March 11, 2010

A sense of humor helps

Oh, that Mother Nature she sure likes to mess with us doesn't she? Yesterday the kids were out riding bikes and playing basketball after school. This morning we woke up to THIS. That dark spot in the middle of my yard is the snow as it hits the standing water from a week of rain.

Doesn't the sight of this make you just want to jump for joy?

Speaking of having a sense of humor. We are remodeling our bathroom. Our house is less than 10 years old, however the builder bought all of his (oh yes, it was a HE, definately) supplies at a store called "Really Cheap and Outdated Building Supply Store." A simple "cosmetic update" is turning into a major fiasco. We bought ceramic tile only to come home and find out the type of flooring you NEVER want to lay ceramic tile on is the type of flooring that is under this crappy vinyl flooring.
Good thing Chris has his trusty side kick to help him out with this project from "you know where." How can you be crabby with those dinosaur jammies and that smile by your side?

We also had to order a custom vanity top and when Chris tried to remove the old one he discovered they must have built it on sight and attached it to the cabinet underneath with about 400 long staples. This is a weeks worth of chipping away to remove all the staples. He's finally at the point where he thinks he can pry it off with a crowbar. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure he'll be getting out his ax. So stay tuned....this is going to be "FUN"!!!!!
Then last night we got this sweet little note from Tony....and we forgot about our bathroom frustrations.

7 comments:

Jessie said...

just remember how beautifully aweseome your new bathroom will be--i get such a kick out of your amazing, sweet kids. must have something to do with their parents. start planning that trip...

Jocko Sr. said...

How is it going Chris? Lucky you are a handy man. You get mad but just think how much MONEY you save by being able to do most of the work. Me, I swear and then hire someone. Plus you have a great helper in Tony. Gramma said all day today when we were walking around a desert museum how she wished Tony was with because he would know what everything is. I wished Livie was with so we could laugh at Gramma and Tony and just eat all kinds of junk!

Jocko Sr. said...

Awww, Tony, I'm going to start saving right now to help you with your trip to Kenya! I have 17 cents in a jar! Sure could have used you at the desert museum today...will send pictures tomorrow. Livie, they had some beautiful gems and colored rocks, I picked out a 17 ton rock that would look great in your room...it was blue. Can hardly wait to see that bathroom......keep smiling!! Gramma Sally

bat act said...

I love the letter! Two weeks hey? We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Just had to laugh when I read Tony's note..what will come from those little minds...good luck on the project Chris...hope it is done before we come your way!! Gma N

Anonymous said...

Chris and Jo...I remember when we were remodeling this house (no Sonny didn't do the work...just paid for it!!) I was sure that we were either going to kill each other or divorce. But, did neither and now we look back and think...time to do some remodeling...NOT!! Tell Tony I think his letter is the sweetest thing I have read. Now start saving for his trip....no more remodeling....Tony's Trip!!

Anonymous said...

Be sure to post the before and after pictures of the bathroom! Can't wait to see it finished. Good luck in Kenya...ha ha....

The Laurienzo's