Sunday, January 4, 2009

Nelson's BEST day EVER!!!

You hear me complain a lot about our lack of trees here in Nebraska...lack of trees also means lack of squirrels. So when we see a squirrel in the backyard we all get pretty excited. Including Nelson. We thought we'd have a little "fun" today and we let Nelson outside.
Dachshunds are bred to flush out badgers and such, and his instincts really kicked right in today. It was so dang funny. That squirrel was going NUTS (ha ha) in that tree and Nelson kept him up there for quite a while. It was a great chance for me to try out the zoom on my new camera too...

...got a great shot of the varmint! After some time I was worried the squirrel would get brave and run away with Nelson following him... naturally I sent Chris out to get the dog. Too bad I didn't have my camera ready when Chris fell down our hill carrying Nelson...don't worry, he didn't drop the dog. hee. hee.

This picture has nothing to do with Nelson, but I wanted to put it on the blog for Celia. We have been getting nightly "calls" from her on the webcam. She runs around and does "tricks" for us, then the kids do the same on our end. She calls Nelson and then he comes down so she can see him too. What a perfect way to end each day. Hopefully one of these days I won't be in my sweatpants and ponytail. Ugh.
Kids are totally bummed that they have to go back to school tomorrow...so sad. I can hardly wait as I'll have the house to myself ALL DAY!!!! :) Have a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

tyvvvbbbbbnj uuyrrrrrrrwwwwww xxxxxxxxuuuiiitttt
love, celia

Anonymous said...

nnnnkhyfgcccccccc mhjkljfzn,,jkm,
fgnnnnbnbm too you to celia.

olivia:)

Anonymous said...

Its great you guys are able to contact each other via WebCam.It will bring your whole family closer together.

Anonymous said...

nelson is such a cool dog, i like him. i'm really glad you guys use the camera's, that makes me happy. hi livie and tony!

uncle brian

Anonymous said...

Where is your snow? We have enough to share! Nelson you are going to have to come over and chase Gracie's squirrels. Love Auntie B

Anonymous said...

Nelson,
Have a great day every day!!!