It was a busy Saturday at the Maras household. Chris had to get up at the crack of 8 to put in 4 hours of volunteer time at the Little League fields. When you sign up your kid, you have to hand over a check for $100. If you volunteer 4 hours they rip up your check, if not they cash it. Needless to say, Chris is SORE today but he still has his $100.00! :) Watch for Tony's t-ball updates later this Spring...it's gonna be a hoot! Olivia got to spend the afternoon at Dana College, a small private Lutheran college in town, by participating in "Science Day Camp." Kids in grades 3-5 get to rotate through stations - this year they made "slime", models of their teeth, fossils with shark teeth, and various other delights. The afternoon finished off with a cool chemistry (now, those are two words you RARELY see in the same sentence) show that Tony and I were able to attend.

A few weeks ago an envelope arrived from Cargill. Inside was a nice letter thanking Chris for the work he does and for going above and beyond what is required of him. Enclosed with the letter was a very generous gift card to a nice restaurant (i.e. no drive-through!) and 4 movie passes! What a treat! So yesterday, we took the kids into Omaha and enjoyed a nice night out. The kids were excited to spot one of the "Os" that are around town. Each is decorated differently by a local artist. This one is by far our favorite so far. (and we secretly know it's really for
Olivia, not Omaha.)

The restaurant and theater are both located in a really neat outdoor shopping center. The weather was in the 50's but windy as usual. The kids couldn't believe their eyes when they saw all the boulevards planted with flowers!!!!

To wrap up the day, we all enjoyed seeing
"Horton Hears a Who" - a very cute movie. I heard the adults laughing out loud even more than the kids. Everyone clapped at the end...don't you just LOVE when that happens!? Thanks Cargill for a fun, family night out!
11 comments:
wow! what a great evening out. i love going to movies. can't wait to hear about t-ball. keep your eye on the ball tony!
uncle brian
What a nice treat for all of you!! I can't believe you don't have frost there in April...I need to move south. Gramma Sally
Hope to see you guys soon!!! Miss you
Yah for Funday! Sounds like a great night on the town. Hope your mom and dad could stay awake long enough to drive you home. Hee hee. I should talk, I know. Ton, can't wait to see you in T-Ball. You were doing awesome at Easter. Liv...keep shooting hoops! Just watch out for your brother.
We miss you tons and tons and tons.
3Skooges
sounds like a fun weekend..see what we have for next weekend...sunny weather we hope....see you soon!! Gma N
You guys sure do fun family things. It will payoff down the road. Good job Chris, enjoy the time with the kids, it will go by faster than you think. Thanks Tony for wearing the "M" hat all over Omaha. Tony, get dirty at t-ball and Liv remember when you shoot hoops to shoot from other spots and not just the "Liv sweet spot"
Blair hoops champ,
Papa Jack
You guys sure have great times. That is so nice!!! Tony...your Grandpa Jackie was a great baseball player...hope you will be too..anxious to see some pictures of you hitting that ball a country mile. Olivia...gee, a basketball player...good for you...I don't think Papa Jackie played much basketball...he was a football, hockey and baseball jock! (ahh..that is how he got the name..JOCKo!!!) Keep the pictures coming..love them.
Gloria
Thanks Gloria but baseball was not my sport. I had a good glove but a weak bat. (very weak)
Tony, just play hard and have fun and your Aunt's will brag about you no matter what.
Papa Jack
I can't believe flowers are already planted! How cool!
"Horton Hears a Who" is a great movie. We went as a school- it was our reward for reaching our reading goal in February!
Have fun with Grandma and Papa this week! I would ask Papa for help on your homework, not Grandma.:) You can always call me too! I wish I could come, but I have a busy week at school- Report cards go out on Friday!
Thanks again for the PJ's- They are super cute!
Have fun in Vegas!
Jojo
Congratulations, Chris, for the great job you do, of course we always new that! Olivia & Tony, you are growing up so fast, miss you. Auntie B
Wow...you sure pack alot in a day!
Liv- your mom & dad need to get you your own ginormous "O" lawn ornament. Tony-T-ball is where all the big guys get their start...you will have to trade that"M" hat for a Twins hat! You kids look terrific! Hi to your Mom & Dad.
Linda
Post a Comment