
This weekend Chris' parents came down for a visit. The past three years they have come in October and we've visited a "pumpkin patchy" place each year. We've decided it's our new Family Tradition with them. Saturday was a beautiful Fall day with temps in the 80's. We took a drive 1-1/2 hours south to Nebraska City...home of Arbor Day. Our first stop was Kimmel Farm -Orchard and Vineyard. As you can see, the sun was very bright that day!
Below is a beautiful shot of the orchard and vineyard. We look forward to an earlier visit next year as they have peaches and cherries too! John bought a bottle of their wine, which was fabulous, and we downed it at dinner last night.

We took a hayrack ride out to the pumpkin patch - always a cool thing to do. The kids had fun finding just the right pumpkin to take home. However, the gourds were a big hit and we came home with quite a selection!

Tony picked this beauty. Liv found a similar one that looked like a "butt"...she sent that home with Gramma and Papa for Auntie Jojo. Sorry I failed to get a picture of it.

I think Tony is crying in this picture...we need to cut him some slack as he's had a cold for quite a while. In fact, when we got home that night Chris had to bring him to the walk-in clinic because he has pink eye. Hope we didn't send it home with John and Nancy! Imagine all the pumpkins he touched.....

Our next stop after Kimmel Farm was the Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure. It's a beautiful place that brings you up close to nature and reminds you of the importance of trees. They were having a Fall Festival when we were there so the kids came home with free pumpkins and a Colorado Blue Spruce Sapling. PLANT A TREE!!!

Kids take a break with Papa along the trail. We really put them through the wringer...but they were troopers and kept up with us pretty well!

Liv stops to listen to the forest with "special ears". It really worked!

They had all sorts of fun activities along the trails...kids enjoyed swinging from the trees here.

There were numerous tree houses and bridges along the way also. This combination treehouse/pirate ship was definately a hit with the kids. We had a great visit with the Maras'. Tony and I get to stay home from school today and recouperate. I helped Nancy set up her own blog this weekend! I'll add her to my list...hopefully she'll keep it updated with all the happenings in Hibbing MN.
HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!
6 comments:
What a beautiful day...it looks like so much fun! How come we never go to the vineyard??? Poor Tony, it makes me so sad to see him with red eyes...hope you are feeling better soon T-Bone! Miss you! Livie, you look so cute with both your teeth coming down so nice...keep smiling! Love, Gramma Sally
Looks like a great time again. Glad you get to see the fun sites around your area. Have a good fall beebops, see you soon.
Uncle Brian
Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast this weekend! I REALLY wish I could have been there! I am especailly bummed I didn't get to swing on those ropes with you!
Thanks (I guess) Liv for the "butt" shaped gourd being sent with Grandma. It's the thought that counts!
Well, I am off to check out the new blog
Jo Jo
Looks like a fun time! Toots, hope you are feeling better soon. I like your eyes better brown, and not pink. Bug, you look funny with those giant horns on your ears! Could you hear Uncle Jeff snoring?
Miss you!
Ernie
Tony, hope you are feeling better soon! Looks like you were a good sport and had a good time! Love the gourds. Liv, you look so silly with the big ears, what did you hear? Auntie B
Hey there Tony & Liv...what a fun outing and such beautiful weather! You two are adorable! What are you going to be for halloween? I look forward to seeing more pictures. Is Nelson going to wear a "bun"? Hi to your mom and dad!
Linda
Post a Comment