
Our garden runneth over.....with all this HOT weather we've been having we can hardly keep up with the canteloupes our garden produces. We've been eating one a day for what seems like weeks now (I say "we", but I mean "they" as I don't like them). I went out to the garden tonight and picked 6 and there are too many to count still on the vines. Tony right away asked if we were going to have a "canteloupe stand". The kids love running around and bringing produce to our neighbors. Currently their favorite way to eat them is with vanilla ice cream. The watermelon pictured is currently the size of a basketball, that is the one we are really excited about!
10 comments:
Yum! I wish we were close enough to enjoy some of those melons...bet they would make great frozen drinks with that machine Becky got you guys. Kids, keep an eye on that watermelon...it has great potential and looks delicious! Love, gramma sally
i though grocery stores grew that stuff...shows what i know.
Boy does your papa wish his watermelon was that big.....enjoy..and take a pic of you two eating them...love...grandma N
Out of respect for John I will not comment on Nancy's message.
I am now one comment behind for life.
Jocko T.
Boy, like Sally....I wish I lived closer....those melons look great...Toni and Olivia.....I would even give you each a dollar if you brought them to my house...but then I am sure Grandpa Jocko gives you lots of dollars.
Zia Gloria (in Ely!!)
hey..jocko..this is a family blog
Jo,
Love the quote about school. Every year I tell the kids that the moms do the back to school dance on the first day of classes.
Colleen
We call it the "Mom Party"....all the moms get together, eat candy, watch tv and jump on the furniture!
Thanks for calling Nancy on that one Dad, I laughed so hard when I read her comment! Kinda figured the whole "melon" thing would illicit controversy! :)
jo
Jocko is always glad to help. In living in today's high stress and constant depressing news time a little humor is always welcome.
Old Jocko
Melon slushies & smoothies, way to go! Jocko, don't ever stop making us smile!!! Auntie B
Post a Comment