Thursday, August 16, 2007

BACK TO SCHOOL!


Today was our first day of school...Tony is in 1st grade and Olivia is in 4th grade. Both kids seemed to have had a GREAT day. No complaints at all, which is good. It was my "first day" too, and I have to admit it was fun to be back and see all the kids...they are SO happy to see us, for the first 10 minutes anyways. I think I'll be the most tired one in our house tonight! The day started with thunder and POURING rain which was a bummer...especially since part of my morning duty is being a crossing guard - so much for having a good hair day!!! None of us was ready for summer to be over - the stifling heat and humidity doesn't help. So for the rest of you in normal states, enjoy the last of your summer vacation!
Sidebar: Tony saw the second picture and exclaimed..."Oh my goodness! I look so GROWNUP in that picture!" sigh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great kids. I can tell that you two were pumped for school to begin again. Good for you guys. I loved school and was a great student. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Gloria Vertin please no comment on my academic skills.

Papa Jocko

Anonymous said...

You guys look great....like school fashion plates! Livie I love your outfit and cute headband and Tony,you look very GROWNUP!!! Hope you both liked your new teachers and know all the kids in your class, just think how smart you will get this year. Love, Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

you guys look soooo grown up...JOJo is thinking of going back to school too...so you get to tease her...the weather here is like fall...no humidity...whoopy!! Went to Virginia to the park...with Jo and her kids and ELiz and Drew..probably our last for a while...Rock On...Granny N

eskubic said...

Happy First Day of School!! Hope you guys had a great day today and that your teachers are super cool. You both look so stylish and hip. Liv, I love the leggings look--you totally can pull that off. I love your shiney lips too. Tony, great call wearing stripes. Miss you both TONS! Ernie

Anonymous said...

You guys look awesome and smart and funny and promise you won't stop going to school until you're both 25 so you can get a real job like your mom and dad, that's all I ask.

-uncle brian

Anonymous said...

Tony and Livie.....gee...when your Grandpa Jocko went to school he had shoes!! ....and your Grandpa J was a very GOOD student!!! But better at sports. There Jack....I would lie for my favorite nephew anyday.....just send the check in the mail.
Zia Gloria

Anonymous said...

Livie! Is that an earring I see in your ear? Maybe I need stronger glasses....or is it the stick-on kind? Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

Guess not, it's just your shiny earlobes....but when I looked closer I noticed your toenails match your lips!!! Tony, you have really shiny teeth! Gramma S