We found ourselves without any company for Thanksgiving and as a result Chris and I decided we needed to replace the BAD memories from last Thanksgiving with a new GOOD memory. So we booked a room at Great Wolf Lodge (a ginormous indoor waterpark) in Kansas City and did not tell the kids. In fact, we pulled them out of school on Wednesday and they had no clue until they woke up that morning. We told them to pack a bag for one night and off we went. Tony did NOT enjoy the element of surprise at all and he was convinced we were going to see the Sandhill Crane Migration....typical.

The kids were thrilled when we pulled up, as we kept them in the dark the whole 3 hour trip. They were also pretty pumped to find out we did not have just an ordinary hotel room, but a "wolf den" complete with their very own TV!

Tony knows there is only one way to get in and out of a wolf den.

Kid Mecca.

This was pretty much the last I saw of them for the rest of the day.

Has anyone seen Chris?

After swimming all afternoon, we took a break and ordered a pizza for dinner. Spent some time in the arcade before hitting the water slides again until they kicked us out at 9pm.

The next day we slept in a bit, watched the Macy's Thankgiving Day Parade had donuts for breakfast and donned our second set of swimsuits. About every 5 minutes this giant bucket dumps a 1,000 gallons of water. Sorry about the guy in the red and blue suit...he stepped into my frame just as I took the picture.

Chris also enjoyed the "dump" when he thought no one was looking! Needless to say, everytime I heard the warning bell I got out of the way!

Tony just isn't having any fun at all.

Cold pizza, beef sticks and cheese....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!
Friday we cooked a big turkey dinner...enough for at least 10 people, so guess what we are eating for the next 5 days or so? Today is Saturday and we will go get our tree later today. It's in the high 40's and sunny. Tony's new snowpants arrived yesterday and he can hardly wait to get to wear them....me? I can wait.
Hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving. We missed our extended family, but we are thankful we got to spend a memorable holiday together. We have a couple of great kids and they deserved this special surprise.
9 comments:
Wow, that looks like so much fun. I want to go there. YOur Thanksgiving feast sounds about as healthy as ours. Good for you!
We missed you guys this year, but it sure looks like Tony and Livie weren't missing anything! Glad you had fun...hope Livie's cold is getting better!!!
Fun! Next year I think we should fly somewhere warm for Thanksgiving and have chips and guacamole for dinner...any takers?!?!
glad you guys had fun! what a great suprise!!
shelley
How fun is that?!?! Looks like everyone had a blast! I would definitely take pizza next year over all the prep work on turkey day.
I'll take it Ernie!!! I want beaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Livie:)
They are great kids!
Can't wait to see everyone over Christmas!
Love,
Auntie Jojo
You are such a goof Tony...I love the pic with your butt sticking out!! Toooo funny..sounds like you had a good time..we missed you guys!! Gma & Papa M
What a fun Thanksgiving! A little get-away is always a good thing!
The Laurienzo's
Post a Comment