Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 6

Can you believe we have lived in Nebraska for SIX YEARS??? We moved here halloween weekend in 2004. This is the longest Chris and I have lived anywhere in our almost 18 years of marriage. How did 6 years go so FAST?

Saturday night was pumpkin carving night. Gotta love two well-trained kids...went and put their "paint shirts" on with out me even telling them!

Livie loves the pumpkins that still are a little green. This year she got to carve hers all by herself.

Tony doesn't get to use knives...it usually results in a flesh wound. He just had fun playing in the guts.

Once your kids hit a certain age you can no longer pick what your pumpkins look like. This year our two did a good job and they were both nice and easy to create.



Halloween night Livie had her 4 "besties" over for a little pizza party before trick-or-treating. I can't say enough how glad we are she has such a great group of friends as she enters the dreaded TEEN years. Really, really good girls. This is what 12 & 13 should look like.

So here you have it: "Bear Attack" and "Long Legs the Pirate." I wasn't really thrilled that Tony went with blood and gore this year. But that's what happens when little boys grow up. (Sniff.) But I have to say he and Chris pulled it all together and he did look pretty cool. All the other 4th grade boys in the neighborhood thought so too.

The best were the tattoo wounds...so realistic!

Here are the girlies....two pirates, a demon slayer (character from a book I guess) and an i-Tunes card. (don't you love Liv's red boots? Scored those at Goodwill!)

The loot.

The exhaustion.


The sort and trade.
The end. Hope you all enjoyed a Halloween full of treats and no tricks!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome costumes and Pumpkins...Jo I can counsel you thru the teen years we have many stories of Drama!!

The other Jo

The Laurienzo Family said...

Hey nice costumes! Loved both of them. I do love those red boots..they are great! Looks like you all had as much fun in Nebraska as we had in MN! Thanks for sharing pictures!
The Laurienzo's

Sally T said...

Great pictures....looks like you guys had so much fun! Your costumes were super...as usual! I don't know how you can keep coming up with such great ideas!

bat act said...

my fingers are crossed 12 & 13 look like that for my crazy boy and soon to be little angel. great costumes for two great kids. we liked meeting your friend hannah tony, it's hannah correct? my mind is saturated lately. A+ on the pumpkins and costumes!!

uncle brian

Anonymous said...

Cool costumes! I like your boots Livie! I like your boots too Tony. I like your blood. Hee hee hee hee hee. Love you! I wish I could come to your house on Halloween. Bye Bye!

Celia