
...is all we hear these days. The kids have been gone since July 15th visiting family in MN...that's right, July 15th. So here we are, party animals, drinking and playing Bananagrams on a beautiful summer evening. I went up to MN for 5 days in the middle. I have lots of fun pictures I could post of my visit...frankly, I'm just lazy. We did get a few projects done around the house, enjoyed many quiet dinners, long walks, bike rides down beautiful country roads and all in all I think we've discovered that we still really like each other after all these years. HOWEVER, we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Livie and Tony on Tuesday. After about 15 minutes all will be back to normal I'm sure. We've got a few surprises for them when the get home and school starts here on the 13th. Summer is OVER!
7 comments:
Glad you are enjoying your "quiet time". Can't believe school starts next week - WOW! Hope the kids had a good MN trip.
The Padgett's
d
You lucky sob's. Glad you are enjoying some relaxing and peace and quiet. Things aren't as peaceful around here. I did shower and blow dry my hair this morning - things are on the up and up! We are having a blast and will be really sad to see everyone leave tomorrow. Celia is in for one boring week with Mom, that's for sure. Enjoy your last night of peace...
:-) Ernie
PS
We're off to the MOA with four kids - God help us.
PSS
At 9:45 last night Jeff, Liv and Tony were bellydancing in the living room. Have fun de-uncle-ing them!!
We are still finding tiny rubberbands all over the house and have washed sheets on 3 beds, straightened up 2 bookcases, a cabinet full of papers, pencils, markers, scissors, glue.....expect to find a sock or 2 that doesn't fit me in the wash, have tossed out a bag of candy and washed 30-40 loads of dirty towels (just kidding). I loved having the kids here and miss their smiley, sunny personalities and playing Scrabble, Boggle and Uno! It's back to work, work, work....only 4 months to go!!!
good for you, congrats on a quiet half of month for you two, you've earned every second of it!
brian
We hope you enjoyed your quiet time. We were wondering why we hadn't seen any pictures on the blog. I am glad you are enjoying your lazy days while you can!
hi olivia havent talked for a long time your familys pictures are great ill write a letter soon.i see you got a hamster thats sweet i have some new pets ill tell you about them when i write.
your friend veronica
Post a Comment