Friday, August 13, 2010

Hi ho, Hi ho....

...it's off to school they go!!!!

As Chris and I expected, no one was excited to get up for the first day of school...

...not even our morning guy.

But they sucked it up, put on their new outfits, loaded their new bags and attempted to "smile" for mom's camera. It's so hot and steamy here that I think my camera fogged up a bit - looks a big hazy!

Both of their new bags were getting heavy....poor Livie left with her loaded messenger bag, one clarinet, one music binder, a lunch bag and two boxes of kleenex. Whew! All combined, it probably weighed as much as she does!

Tony switches schools this year and it is the first year he can ride his bike. He and his friend Hanna were PUMPED to get on the road this morning. There are probably about 20 kids from our neighborhood that all head to the same school, so it's nice he can be part of a big crew.
So off they went, one 7th grader and one 4th grader.....

5 comments:

Sally T said...

See my comments on earlier post....love your vest, Liv!! Great bags too, you guys.....don't you just love school?????

Jocko Sr. said...

School? School? I bet you guys were pumped this morning!!! I am jealous, I loved getting up early and walking 2 miles to school. Have a great year guys.

bat act said...

ick

Anonymous said...

Poor kids...back to school...not much fun with the heat...you looked good though..remembering back..getting that New dress(that's what we had to wear) was the best part. Enjoy the weekend..sleep in!! Gma N

eskubic said...

Black Friday. Ewe. You managed to survive and look going doing it too. Hopefully this first full week back will be a breeze...you are on the downward slope now! Not really, but at least the first day is so over with.