The kids headed to MN for almost 3 weeks this summer! Gr/Gr Maras took them camping where they spent almost an entire week in the woods having fun with their cousins Elizabeth, Drew and baby James. I don't have any digital pictures to share but I know they had a great time and had many stories to share! I headed up North for a few days in the middle of their trip and it just so happened that Amanda and Cal were in town at the same time...perfect timing!
Friday, August 13, 2010
Blogcation
After the many, many hours it took to download and post our pictures from Yellowstone I needed a break from blogging. So here is a very belated post.....
The kids headed to MN for almost 3 weeks this summer! Gr/Gr Maras took them camping where they spent almost an entire week in the woods having fun with their cousins Elizabeth, Drew and baby James. I don't have any digital pictures to share but I know they had a great time and had many stories to share! I headed up North for a few days in the middle of their trip and it just so happened that Amanda and Cal were in town at the same time...perfect timing!
We were so happy to see this little guy. Can you believe what a COOL 2 yr old Cal is?
Good 'ol Uncle Jeff is always up for some wrestling. (Sorry about the head shot.)
Auntie Ernie taught Livie how to drink out of a pitcher....nice. (it's iced tea, still.)
Oh what an ordeal to get a photo of 4 children....this is the best I got.
This is for you Brian...I forsee a future Rythmic Dance Olympian....? Oh, how he loved that pretty ribbon on a stick.
Aren't they just a....
...bunch of hooligans?
Great Aunt Olivia (or Big/Little Olivia as CC affectionately calls her) was in town for the Blueberry Festival. It was such a treat for her to see all the kids....and such a treat for her to get back to her QUIET home in the city I'm sure!
CC and Tony had fun cutting a rug at the Blueberry Festival. Don't you just love that they could care less they were in public? They certainly have matching Free Spirits those two.
We convinced Erin and Jeff to leave Celia behind at Gramma Sally's for the night. Here is PROOF that she was a big girl and slept soundly all night. Don't you just want to KISS those pinks cheeks? Look closely and you can see a tuft of Tony's matching blonde hair sticking out from under the blue blanket. My kids both sleep wrapped up like burritos.
All loaded up in Auntie Jo's car for the trip to Elk River....bye bye Tony!
So while the kids were away, I painted Tony's room and got it ready for Chris's project...a loft bed! His room is so tiny and he needed a desk. It was a perfect solution, but a big project.
Chris did an amazing job - it turned out perfect! With a little help from our neighbor, and many days in the garage in the sweltering heat, we are going to have one happy little boy!
This is the FIRST and the LAST time Tony's bed has been made since it was built. My 40 yr old 5'8" self had quite the time putting sheets on up there...it's Tony's job from now on!
At the end of their trip, Auntie Jojo drove them back to NE for us. She spent most of the week with us here and as always, we loved having her around. I'm sorry I did not take one single photo while she was here....it was a crazy, busy week and I was glad she was here to lend a hand. Oh, and we did some shopping! Jojo loves our local thrift stores and she made a big HAUL this year. Tony also found this SWEET (?) desk chair for $2.99....it's so him and so tan. Perfect.
The kids headed to MN for almost 3 weeks this summer! Gr/Gr Maras took them camping where they spent almost an entire week in the woods having fun with their cousins Elizabeth, Drew and baby James. I don't have any digital pictures to share but I know they had a great time and had many stories to share! I headed up North for a few days in the middle of their trip and it just so happened that Amanda and Cal were in town at the same time...perfect timing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We really did do fun things, even though my camera batteries were dead for our trip to Lake Superior. I do have plenty of pictures of the bear preserve, will get them off to you one of these days. Thought about you guys all day today while you were in school....love your new bags and outfits...specially that vest, Livie!!! Hope you had fun, now you can sleep in for the next 2 days again.
awesome loft! great idea and craftmanship chris!
brian
We had bunk beds for several years with the desk on the side. I hated making those damn beds but the space is priceless. Maybe he cn take it to college!!
Post a Comment