Sunday, December 6, 2009
Who needs sleep?
Olivia wanted to have a "Christmas Sleepover" for her four best friends. Chris and I sucked it up, and agreed to this plan for Friday night. Olivia is in 6th grade this year, and as she approaches the "teens" we are so grateful for this wonderful little gaggle of girls. They are super good kids, all from great families and although they can get loud and silly with the best of them, we trust them completely and enjoy having them here.
I purchased a "Gingerbread Village" kit and they enjoyed the creative (& messy) project.
We had to call in our resident engineer to help with the building process. Doesn't he look CUTE with that dish towel slung over his shoulder???
The 5 amigos pose with their finished creations.
I have to admit, I was feeling guilty for buying a "kit." However, I don't think I could have bought all the candy, etc. for less than the $8.99 I paid for the whole shebang. After raiding the pantry for some extra pizazz, I have to say they turned out darn cute!
There's the lonely little brother, using graham crackers and all the girl's leftovers to create an odd, windowless, apartment building. Tony felt a little left out of all the fun, so I rented him "Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" (which he watched twice and is really hoping to get for Christmas so he "can watch it every weekend!") and let him sleep in his sleeping bag. That made him happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Glad you guys had such a blast this weekend. I know why the girls were up until 2 am...took that long for engineer Chris to finish explaining the building rules for the houses! Hey Liv, listen to the Boss's song, "Sleep Baby Sleep" when you finally get up.
Fun!! Looks like a great time - the houses are awesome. And we love your windowless apartment building too, Tony. Your pictures make me excited for girlie sleepovers...yey!! See you very soon!!!
Auntie Ernie
PS
I have two house kits here...I'm thinking girls vs. boys??
awesome weekend! i'm glad you had fun livie, and i'm glad tony got to have some special things too. kudos to a great dad for helping out also!! see you soon.
The houses were great...wondering if they got devoured or brought home for 'show and tell'?? Tony, I'm kind of craving a windowless apartment building to eat....bet it was delicious!!
Oh to be in 6th grade again!!! I wish!
See you soon!
Jojo
Ohhhh do I remember those sleepovers...now we have them with the grandkids...right kids?? Glad to see you soon...keep making those goodies..Gma N
Ohhh how I remember those sleepovers...now we have them with the grandkids..right kids?? Keep those sweets coming..see you soon..Love Gma N
Post a Comment