OK, this first picture is in the wrong spot. I was typing away and fat fingered the keys and ended up deleting this picture in it's right place. I did not want to start over....I haven't figured out how to "undo" on Blogger. Sorry.

"Nectarines" by Olivia Maras, age 11

I never did post a picture of Tony's culinary creation...here he is making "Perfect Pasta" out of his new cookbook. It was DELISH!!!

You are never too old for bubbles.
(that's our little neighbor guy...he has "marasdar"...the minute our patio door opens he is outside following around the kids)
Gramma Sally and Papa Jocko got the kids awesome acrylic painting sets for their birthdays. They had a great time one afternoon planning their first paintings and mixing paint on their pallets.

Tony even used his fan brush to make "happy little leaves" on his trees. We first printed a picture out on the computer, then he sketched it, THEN he painted it on paper. Tony takes his art VERY seriously.

"Okapi" by Tony Maras, age 8

Olivia didn't plan as much, but made sure she had a real piece of fruit in front of her for her painting.
***refer back to first photo in post***
"Nectarines" by Olivia Maras, age 11

I think the kids have had a great summer. Lots of swinging, swimming, eating popsicles, playing games, bike riding, sleeping in, hanging out with friends...you get the drift. It's a blessing to see them so carefree and happy.
Next week we leave for our last bit of summer fun to go camping in the woods of Minnesota. Once we get back it will be only 4 days until school starts. Tomorrow we will go buy our school supplies.
13 comments:
Love your artwork kids! So glad you inherited your Grandma Sally's talent! autie B
glad your kids had such a fun summer! i've greatly enjoyed reading about all of your adventures. have fun camping!! (and school supply shopping--seriously my favorite thing to shop for!)
Cool pictures - what great artists! School, already?!?! When do you go back?
The Padgetts
Awesome paintings!! Nectarines would look great in my kitchen, wouldn't it?!? Tony, will you make us that same dinner when we come this fall?? Can't wait to see you next week. Celia does a little dance every time we bring it up. "And even Uncle Chris and Nelson!!!!" Yippeee!!
Love, Ernie
sorry haven't checked the blog lately...love those paintings...Tony you can come cook for me anytime...maybe camping?? You can make the smores...see you soon..Love Gma N
Great paintings guys. Gramma Sally will be proud. Glad your summer has been full of fun days. That is the way it should be at your age. Look forward to seeing you guys this Thursday.
Can I have a signed copy of the paintings? They are frame worthy!
Oh Colton! (is that how you spell it?)-gotta love him! ;)
CAN'T WAIT TO GO CAMPING! See you soon!
Love,
Jojo
good job on the painting, guys....I'm so jealous that you have a great "kit" to use!! I have tons of acrylic paints at my house, maybe we can get creative on a rainy day. Can hardly wait to see y'all (as Binzer would say) this week.....
School supplies ALREADY??!!
Hi Jo,
About the order of your pictures... I learned that you can click a picture and drag it up or down if you download them out of order, but can be a pain , so try it at your own risk. I have done it successfully but have also failed at it a couple times. Love all the artwork from the kids. They did get their Grandma Sally's talent. They cook, they paint...
that is awesome. Hope we can see you if you make it back to MN anytime soon! Take care!
Carolyn Laurienzo
cool stuff. have fun in MN camping.
uncle brian
Wow, you guys are awesome artists, holy crappers! It's been fun keeping up with you guys this summer, that's what it's all about.
See you this week!
Uncle Jeff
Awesome art! The shading and all!! Enjoy your last trip before school!! Bring warm clothes and rain gear! I just got back last night and some of the leaves are turning already! What happened to summer?
Post a Comment