Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's been a good ride....

For eight years (that's right, 8 years!!!) it has safely transported this family on numerous camping trips, cross-country trips, to the grocery store, soccer practice, dance class, weekend excursions...it's brought one baby home from the hospital, moved us to Nebraska, made too many road trips to MN to count and now it is time to say goodbye to what the kids call "the big tan turd." It's actually been a great vehicle and we'll all miss it just a little.

After 4 hours of test driving and negotiations, I drove home this sweet little '09 Toyota Rav4 yesterday!!!! I was convinced I could not live without another mini-van but once we drove this, we all fell in love instantly. I was pleasantly surprised at how it drives like a car and has lots of cargo space. No third-row seat, but plenty of room for 2 kids and a dog. The kids were troopers at the dealer and were rewarded for their good behavior with dinner at the restaurant of their choice. They chose PF Changs as they both LOVE Chinese food and the cute little desserts they have there. It was a good way to end a LOOONNNGGG day. Chris did a great job of getting us a good deal. I have to take a moment and give a shout out to Chris. He has done a marvelous job of managing our money since the day we got married. He works hard to provide for us so I can be home with the kids, so we can live in a comfortable home and enjoy things such as vacations and a new car. As the economy struggles, I take my hat off to him as we are not suffering as so many, many people are. Thanks Chris! Too bad you don't get to drive it...... :)

The best part of all, of course, is the sun roof. We didn't even know it had one until Chris discovered it on the test drive. We can hardly wait for summer! Another neat, yet odd, feature is that you don't need a key. Hard for me to wrap my "old school" head around frankly. I have a little remote I keep in my pocket or purse and it sends a signal to unlock the doors when I touch the handle or push the START BUTTON. This new fandangled technology makes me feel old!

It's been a gloomy weekend in Nebraska. We had 70's Thursday and Friday and this weekend is cold, rainy and in the 30's. That little touch of spring really got our hopes up. March in Nebraska is confusing.
Here's to another 8 years of road trips!
p.s.
if anyone is in the market for a 2001 Chevy Venture give us a call!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

$950 for the Venture!!!

Anonymous said...

plus delivery to Elk River

Sally T said...

Nice wheels! Tony, you canNOT stick your head out the sunroof when the car is in motion. Livie, take notes because in 4 years you could be driving that sweet little baby!! Where are papa and I going to sit when we go to the zoo????

brian said...

great car! you guys will enjoy that. fire sale the van! i know a guy if you need one!

Anonymous said...

YIKES! I had to redo the math in my head (about Livie driving that in 4 years)! Whoa where did the time go?!?

Sweet ride! The keyless part would throw me through a loop! That will take some getting used to!

Chris is pretty amazing with the finance aspect of things! Always remember, NOTHING IS FREE :)

Love,
Jojo

Anonymous said...

Nice car..you will enjoy it..I know Jen likes hers...I agree with Sally...where are we going to sit on our trips around town?? We will just have to squeeze in...Love ya..Gma N

Anonymous said...

Great looking car! Bet it gets pretty good gas mileage too! But, I don't think it would work very well with Golden Retrievers, Nelson is just a wee bit smaller! Come to think of it, Bentley really liked sticking his head out of my sun roof in the Corolla, what a sight! Love Auntie B

Anonymous said...

Some Advice: Do NOT stick your head out the sun roof becuase one time I did and someone started closing it!! My neck almost got snapped off!!

Anonymous said...

linda and dale got to witness bentley sticking his head out the window! nice ride! when is it heading north?

Bombshell said...

Nice wheels! Great job in waiting 8 years between cars. I think Kim & I have had 10+ cars between us in the almost 12 years we've been married. What a money pit! Hopefully, we're done...for a while. But, I did marry a Feroni and he's had quite an influence on me!