
...our BEST Christmas tree EVER!!! After complaining for 4 years and doing some research online, I
finally found a tree farm that sells fir trees. No more ugly Nebraska Scotch Pines for this family! (sorry for the rage, I have a thing about trees being perfectly conical. You can see them all in the background)

It's tall, skinny, a bit scraggly and absolutely PERFECT! Fraser Fir and other short needle trees just don't grow well here for some reason. This tree farm had a couple little plots of the trees we wanted. They were rather small, but in a few years they will have a beautiful selection. I won't
divulge what we had to pay for it...let's just say it may still be up in February so we can get our moneys worth! :D

Chris does the dirty work and Tony jumped in just for good measure. I'm not sure Chris realized it was
Livie "holding up" the tree and not me.

Waiting for the tractor and hay rack to come pick us up...man, was it COLD outside!!!!

Ta-
da! Did I mention it's PERFECT????? (and a little crooked. Sorry Chris.)

It's funny how my trees have gone from "Martha Stewart" to totally kid friendly. Complete with colored lights, an assortment of
mis-matched and homemade ornaments and believe it or not it gets more beautiful every year. I haven't moved even ONE! :)

One of our favorite Christmas traditions is bringing out the Christmas books. A few years back I gathered up all of our Christmas and winter-themed books and put them out in a basket. When we took the tree down I packed all the books away with the decorations. Now the kids look forward to getting them back out each year and they read them all again for "the first time." We usually add one or two a year and have gotten a nice collection.

You know the weather has gotten cold when Nelson starts to sit on top of our heater vents. Poor little guy doesn't have much to keep him warm. Thought I'd throw this one in for
Gramma Sally since she didn't get to see him when they were here, he was already at the kennel.
Stay warm!
7 comments:
Aww...Jo...treasure these times. Crooked tree and all. We use to have battles all the time about our tree...now with no kids home, this is the first year we don't have a live tree up. We have a puny little ceramic tree that I did in ceramics class eons ago. It is a beautiful tree, Chris. Just tilt your head a little, Jo....
Gloria
Awwww, Nelson...miss ya, big guy! Your tree is great, crookedness and all...remember the crooked one we had that had to be tied to a hook in the ceiling with monofilament? Yes, that's the one that got "accidentally" knocked over! Somehow I can't see Livie and Tony knocking your tree over....now Celia and Cal...that's a different story!!! Love, mom
p.s. you were brave, Jo, wearing a white coat to get your Christmas tree!!! Cute.
Looks great guys! I'm glad you found a tree that you finally like. Now if it were a tradition to decorate corn, you'd be golden living in NE!! I think the colored lights look groovy. And for the record...I only moved Celia's ornaments when she put six balls on one branch.
And also for the record, no quotes are needed around "accidentally"...I did not pull down that tree on top of me on purpose. I could have lost an eye!! I'm lucky I survived! :)
PS
Nelson, you have the longest toenails I've ever seen...Can we paint those at Christmas???
Ernie
ahh. beautiful.
brian
Your tree is beautiful, and just as perfect as our Pike River one! I love the flamingo on your tree! What a nice tradition with the books, those are the memories your kids will be telling their kids. Auntie B
I love the winter coats with no snow on the ground. It looks like 70 degrees way down south there in Blair! :)
-Amanda
Post a Comment