Sunday, December 14, 2008

So we'll just make our own!

I've had trouble getting into the Christmas Spirit every year since we've moved to Nebraska. This is our 5th Christmas here and I think we've only had snow for one of them. Yesterday was no exception....I was wrapping Christmas gifts while the kids were playing outside in short sleeves. It was in the 50's and sunny! Chris even washed both cars out on the driveway!

Tony has an awesome music teacher this year. In preparation for their Christmas concert she takes "snips" out of a snowflake for each song they memorize. He was so excited on Thursday to come home and announce that his class got to hang up their finished snowflake because they had all their songs memorized! If you know Tony, you know what that means. We have been making snowflakes NON-STOP since Thursday in our house. It actually looks like it has snowed INSIDE by all the little white snips of paper that are EVERYWHERE! Saturday morning while Liv and Chris slept in, he and I got busy and figured out how to make "fancy" ones.

So...we may not have any snow for REAL outside, but we sure are enjoying our beautiful patio doors and the snow we made ourselves!

12 comments:

CKenyon said...

Heck...come on up! I'm willing to share!! We're getting PLENTY of "pretty" snowflakes today!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Tony....you should be here in Ely...we have a blizzard going on and I will come to Nebraska. I HATE winter.....beautiful snowflakes..aren't they fun to make? Try making them out of tissue paper.....fun.....and you don't have to shovel them......

Gloria

Anonymous said...

Good job T-Bone.

50's and sunny, poor you guys.

Blizzard here and then -40 wind chills for the week. Very depressing.

Papa Jocko

Sally T said...

Nice snowflakes! They'll blend in with the 99,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 flakes outside our door! Bring warm clothes, you'll need them! Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Very festive! I have a whole book on how to make paper snowflakes at school- I will dig it out for us to look at when you come visit!

Next goal- to make a room like Buddy the Elf did when Santa was coming to town...

P.S. I HAVE A SNOW DAY! Na-na a boo-boo ;)

Love,
Jojo

SEE YOU SOON!

Anonymous said...

Are you bragging or complaining? Spend one weekend like we just had and you will be kissing your dry warm pavement! Drive safe, can't wait to see all of you! Love Auntie B

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are like Buddy the Elf! Let's decorate Gramma and Papa's house next week to look like the North Pole. No it's not. Where's the snow? Ha! Let's watch Elf too. Can't wait to see you guys!

Love, Auntie Ernie

Anonymous said...

did you use a pattern or are those free hand?? great job! kinda looks like up here! drive safe on your way up.
shelley

Anonymous said...

Hey..I would gladly take your weather there..we are freezing our buns off here...bring those woolies..see you soon..Love ya Gma N

Anonymous said...

Love the snowflakes....Enjoy your vacation from school and Have a GREAT Christmas. Linda

Anonymous said...

i made some snowflakes to!):


livie

Vertin-Franklin Family said...

Awesome snowflakes! I tried to make those over Thanksgiving and forgot! It is tough to get old! I loved your Christmas card. I was exhausted after reading about all the fun things you did over the year. Merry Christmas to all of you. Enjoy the real snow you will be seeing. Since I have been on my computer it has gone from 1 below to 4 below..I can only imagine how cold it will be up north!