Thursday, August 21, 2008

So the kids are back in school. Day 6 today and it's rainy. I don't have any new pictures to share. It's very quiet here and if I try hard enough I can probably hear the grasshopper's eating away at my gardens! We are under siege! My tree-hugging, nature loving kids were even loading up their bug-box the other day with grasshoppers and just letting them die...it's that bad. The amount of poop they generate is disgusting. Speaking of poop....

I got a phone call today from my niece Celia. We had a nice little chat. She went poop and pee in the potty and I am very proud of her for that! She got TWO stickers. She has a cold and is going to Target today with her mom. Not even two yet and we totally had a conversation...amazing little creature she is.

I was listening to NPR as I cleaned up the kitchen this morning and there was an interview with Randy Newman. I love his music and as I searched for something to put with my blog I happened upon this song from Monsters Inc. I just love it and I think it fit's Celia's personality to a T.

Olivia is enjoying 5th grade. She started reading the Harry Potter books last Friday and just finished book 3 last night!!! We will be making a mad dash to the library after school to get #4 I'm sure. They are like crack. Yesterday I actually heard my self say out loud to her "If you don't stop reading I'm going to take that book away!" How weird is that?

Tony loves his 2nd grade teacher and being at the new school. He walks to school every day which he finds pretty cool. He had to correct her yesterday when she listed the continents in order of size wrong. "Africa is the SECOND largest continent Mrs. Boyd." Yikes. Can't wait to go into work tomorrow and chat with her. She's really in for it with him. He has a very loose tooth...his first one! Very excited to lose it and use his tooth fairy pillow. Hoping he'll be the first kid to lose a tooth at the new school. Ah, infamy.

Well, this is what happens when I have the house to myself for two days...blah. blah. blah. Better go get some work done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance your Mrs. Boyd is related to my friend Mr. Boyd from Cloquet? He is a retired elementary school teacher. His name is Jim. How wierd would that be? Glad the kids like school - only 11 days left of summer for us!

Anonymous said...

Off to a good start, Tony! Well.....right is right....right? Even teachers make mistakes, but I think she'll have her eye on you this year!!! So, Livie...do you think you are a Gryffindor, a Hufflepuff, a Ravenclaw or a Slytherin?? Don't read so fast...then you'll be all done!! Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

Tony SO IS one of those kids! I could totally see him saying that to poor Ms. Boyd!

Tony doesn't count losing the silver tooth? A story I will never forget! "Jojo I have a hole in my gum (as he is chewing gum)." Totally confused, I turn to him with his tooth in his hand and his eyes filled with tears. "I lost MY FAVORITE tooth."

Oh Livie! I am suprised it took you this long to get your hands on Harry Potter! You are a speed reader! Your teacher must not be giving very much homework then! Yippee!

Have a happy Friday!

Love,
Jojo

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! A song for Celia! I'm so glad you found that!! And you are right, it does fit her personality quite well. So does the Flight of the Bumblebee or whatever that song is called.

Tony, you are so cool to have an extra row of teeth. Sort of. Remember, I lost my last tooth when I was 15. Now THAT's odd.

Liv, that is so cool that you are reading Harry Potter so fast! Don't forget to stop and eat once and a while.

We miss you all!!

Auntie Ernie

Anonymous said...

Olivia...I hope you have a great school year. All that reading is so good for you. Keep it up!!

Tony..You make me laugh. I bet your teacher was embarrassed!! Good for you for correcting her! Tony, your Greatgrandma Thompson had her BABY eye teeth until she was in her 70s!! I alwasy thought that is why she was so smart!! Have a good school year!

Gloria