Saturday, August 23, 2008

How do we like our eggs? RAW! RAW! RAW!

Tony and I are the early risers here, up most weekends HOURS before Chris and Livie. He wasn't in the mood for cereal today so I let him make eggs. He loves to cook and was pretty excited. He had his apron on and the chair at the stove before I could change my mind! He always makes sure to slide his beloved watch (hasn't taken it off since Christmas!) up over his elbow so it doesn't get wet, dirty, eggy?, etc... I don't make eggs very often because there is only 1 Egg Master in this family...PAPA JOHN MARAS! Mine never quite measure up.

Tony's latest obsession is a Pepper Grinder. I don't have a real one, so I bought one in the spice aisle that came with the peppercorns in it. If anyone is looking for a Christmas idea, he seriously would love a real pepper grinder. (I know. Some kids want Wii's, my kid wants a pepper grinder)
Side note: If any of you Grandma's out there are looking for a cute apron pattern, go to the "Family Fun Magazine" website for the pattern. Tony's apron was made by Gramma Sally with just a dishtowel and grosgrain ribbon. It's not at all girly. :)

Yummy eggs Tony...complete with oj and some toast with Nutella. Perfect start to a Saturday.
Happy Weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great work tony! you can never learn too many quality skills. your eggs look awesome!

uncle brian

Anonymous said...

Good work Tony!!! Keep it up. Your Greatgrandma Toni was a great cook. I learned a lot from her. I think it is just great that you can make your own eggs, and they look delicious!! Now, have your Grandma Sally teach you how to make ravioli.

Gloria

Anonymous said...

Great job, T-Bone!! Those eggs look delish! Maybe you can work on an omlette next? Those can be tricky if you ask me. CC, Uncle Jeff and I made chocolate chip cookies this morning. Celia liked to lick the flour off of the counter. Ewe!?! Keep up the good work in the kitchen...everyone loves a boy who can cook!!

Love, Ernie

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's it! Next time you guys head north, pack your aprons, Tony AND Livie are doin' the cooking!! We'll let the guys do the washing up!! See you soon.....Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

Wow...I missed a posting...just wanted to comment about the last one....Tony you keep those teachers on their toes...and Livie..I have all the Harry Potter movies on tape and CD..so when we see you..let me know which one you like..I liked the first ones the best..later they seemed to get dark & deep...by the way Tony...papa loved your cheer...the best eggs are the ones fried in bacon grease camping...right??? Gma N

Anonymous said...

Tony ...your eggs look yummy! I see you put a little "BAM" on them...Emeril would be proud. Have a GREAT school year Liv & Tony. Linda

Anonymous said...

One more "Kitzville Cheer" ...

How do you like your eggs?

RAW RAW RAW :)

Even though they are extremely calorie packed, eggs fried in bacon grease is delicious! Right guys!? Miss you!

Love,
Jo Jo

Anonymous said...

And the perfect sign above your head! Congratulations on becoming a great cook! Auntie B

Anonymous said...

Tony are you for hire? Please come and cook for me and Steve....you are better than I am.

GAK