Thursday, December 6, 2007

Peace on Earth

As I looked out my window at our first significant snowfall, I was taken with the beauty and peace of it all. Hard to believe in this stillness, that a horrible tragedy took place in Omaha yesterday. Westroads Mall is a place Chris, the kids and I have been many times. I have shopped in that very Von Maur store. In life there are things we do that involve calculated risk. Shopping on a Wednesday afternoon is not one of those things. Please keep the city of Omaha and the families of the shooting victims in your thoughts and prayers. It's a helpless feeling when something of this magnatude strikes close to home. Love your kids and treat them well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well said. we're all just living on a giant blue roulette wheel, you never know. did you explain it to the kids?

brian

Jessie said...

i was thinking of you and your family when i heard the news. i'm so happy to know you are all safe. enjoy the snow. happy holidays!

erin's friend jessie

Anonymous said...

When I heard ..my thoughts went right to the Mara family. It is so sad and unbelievable..Thankful you and family were NOT there. Live is fragile..take every minute you have and enbrace it.
GAK

Anonymous said...

Jo.....I was so happy to hear you and your family OK....you were the first ones I thought of when we saw the news...terrible thing to happen, but near the Holidays it seems it is even worse.

Stay safe...

Gloria