Sunday, December 16, 2007

Movie Day!

Every year at Christmas time, Cargill rents out the local theater for employee's and their families. Today we got to go see the new Chipmunks movie...what fun! We try to keep seeing movies a special treat, so we don't go on a regular basis. Needless to say, they were BOTH very excited. It was a cute movie...Chris and I both remember this song from when we were little.

After the movie, Santa was waiting in the lobby for everyone. While waiting in line Tony turned to ask me, a bit panicked "What should I tell him my name is???" The guy behind me really got a chuckle out of that. The kids got to chat with the jolly old guy and tell him what they wanted for Christmas, we'll see if they've been naughty or nice in just 9 days!

Friday night we went into Omaha with some friends to see the annual Zoo Lights. Livie really wanted me to post this picture on our blog, even though it didn't turn out very well. We got the times wrong and arrived at the zoo 20 minutes before they shut it down. We were literally the only people in the aquarium and it was a rare opportunity for Liv to get close to her ABSOLUTE FAVORITE animal in the whole world...the majestic sea turtle. Sorry no pictures of the lights...it was too dang COLD to take off my mittens outside. Use your imagination. :) I won't say what the temperature was, because there would be a collective groan from up north as they all declare it was a heatwave compared to up there!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend, guys! Did you remember to tell Santa that you would be up north for Christmas? He knows all that stuff anyway, he's a pretty sharp guy! Can hardly wait to see you...what kind of cereal do you want me to buy??? Love, gramma sally

Anonymous said...

coool turtle! how fast do they swim? are they faster in water than on land? see you soon!!

uncle brian

Anonymous said...

OOOH how fun! That is very cool that you were so close to your fav sea turtle... what was her name again? Sally?

The Chipmunk movie looks GREAT! "I'm waiting for the rinse cycle!"

Anonymous said...

Hello kids,

Olivia you look so serious and composed with Santa. You know you have been good. T-Bone has the big smile wondering if Santa really does know who's been naughty and naughty and naughty...
See ya guys,
Papa Jack

Anonymous said...

lucky charms!!!!!

olivia

Shelley said...

Is that really a real sea turtle? it is beautiful!!! Celia told me she can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Tony and Olivia...you look like you could hardly wait to tell Santa what you wanted for Christmas...I hope you get everything you asked for. I bet you will......I bet Grandma Sally made ravioli for Christmas..that is what we are having......MERRY CHRISTMAS....

Buon Natale....Gloria

Anonymous said...

Tony what did you tell Santa your name was????
GAK

Anonymous said...

Zia Gloria, (I think that is correct?)

Sally is making something that reminds everyone of me.

TURKEY!

Your Mt. Iron Nephew

Anonymous said...

Hey...Mt. Iron Nephew....I will save you a couple of ravs......gee, who ever had Turkey for Christmas......commona my house, my house....I givea vino and ravioli...commona my house....

ZIA Gloria

Anonymous said...

Oh! I can hardly wait to see you!! Just FOUR MORE SLEEPS!!!

Ernie

PS
Lookin' good on Santa's lap! I think Celia told him she wanted Cheerios and Raspberries for Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...Sounds like you had a fun time...heard that movie was a good one...I am sure I will see it in DVD...Lizzie and Drew are anxious to see you...soooo see you soon...Love...xx00 Gma N

Anonymous said...

The turtle is cool! It looks like a cartoon or something in the picture. I can't believe it is real!
-Amanda