
So Tony is now officially 9! On his actual birthday, June 9th, we opened presents from us and the Skubics when Chris came home for lunch. Tony was PUMPED to get this gum making kit from CC. His favorite "foods" are: corn, chocolate, and gum. Chris and the kids made the gum Friday night while I went out with friends (convenient!) and it actually turned out pretty darn good! The kit came with cherry and cinnamon flavoring. Tony is not a fan of cinnamon so Chris added cocoa instead....voila! Chocolate gum!

When dad came home from work we headed to Omaha. Tony picked "Hu Hot" for his birthday dinner. It's a Mongolian grill where you load up a bowl full of noodles, meat and veggies then they cook it for you on a GIANT wok. The kids love going there. Tony even got a mammoth, complimentary piece of chocolate cake for dessert. After dinner he got to pick out a new bike. It was hard finding one his size with gears (necessary for the next time we bike 150 miles, ugh) but we found sweet one. He was pretty excited and even though it was dark when we got home, he took it for a spin.

Here is the front of Tony's party invitation. Can you guess what our theme was this year?

I guess this is just a shameless plug for my "business" that every one is bugging me to start.

I love really getting into a theme and Legos was super easy. The bright primary colors looked great!

I snapped a shot before the table got destroyed 10 seconds after they sat down!

Ok, my mom wanted to see the cake. Pretty sad isn't it? First of all, this is a DAIRY QUEEN FROZEN ICE CREAM CAKE! We just ordered a plain one so we could soup it up ourselves. It is NOT easy decorating a frozen cake. Don't tell Chris, but I put the border dots on IN the freezer. I just stood there with the freezer door open and applied each color as I rotated it. The "legos", and I use the term loosely, were graham crackers stacked and frosted. We originally were going to use red, green and blue but the red frosting turned into a disaster. So I had to quick make a small batch of frosting on the fly and use yellow.

One of our activities was to give each kid a baggie with the exact same number of bricks. They had 5 minutes to build anything they wanted using EVERY brick. You could hear a pin drop while they worked. They take their lego building very seriously...especially the boys.

Here's the whole crew with their creations. Most we couldn't tell what they were but the little guy in the pink shirt made a SWEET dragon!

After a few more lego games we took a break for presents and cake!

After cake, each kiddo had a lego race car kit in their goodie bag. We took time to put them together and then went outside to race! On your mark, get set.....

GO!!!! They had a fun time with this and I have to say that the one girl in the bunch WHOOPED them all every time. They were all pretty excited to get to take their race cars home.

The day began with pouring rain, but by the time the party came around the rain stopped and the sun even made an appearance. The kids spent the rest of the time outside tossing water balloons and having water gun fights. We provided each kid with a water gun that they also got to take home. As predicted, they had a blast and didn't want to stop when the moms came to pick them up!

Here are my two party helpers enjoying some cheeseballs. I couldn't have done it without Olivia and Maggies help! Thanks girls!

Tony has a
great bunch of pals, really sweet kids and the afternoon was a lot of fun. Here's one last pick of them being silly.
Now I have a couple days to rest before we do it ALL OVER AGAIN for Olivia!
9 comments:
So glad I got to see the party...it looks like so much fun! Tony, you are a lucky guy to have a mom who gives you such good parties...a shout out to the helpers and to the guy who paid for it all!!! The cake looks great, what a good idea to get a 'blank' and then decorate. Now I can hardly wait for Livie's party!!!!!
So glad I got to see the party...it looks like so much fun! Tony, you are a lucky guy to have a mom who gives you such good parties...a shout out to the helpers and to the guy who paid for it all!!! The cake looks great, what a good idea to get a 'blank' and then decorate. Now I can hardly wait for Livie's party!!!!!
Glad you had a fun birthday Tony. Your birthday's should get better and better each year until you drive your fancy Camaro over to your girl friends house and go on a nice date in Omaha with the $300 your Dad gave you to spend on the gal and yourself.
Super cool party Tony! I love the Lego cake too...what a great idea! (Remember when I lived in Duluth and left my freezer open to cool off my tiny apartment? Chris teased me for months.) Everything looks like it turned out great! Tony and Livie, your mom used to help give me the coolest parties ever too. She grumbles but they always turn out smashing!
Counting the days till we come and pick you up at the border!!
xoxo
Auntie Ernie
Awesome party Tony. That looks like SOOO much fun and your new bike looks AWESOME.
Uncle Jeff
Wow..Mom did a great job!!! YOu are lucky to have a Mom who can make your party Fun. Nice pics, too...can't wait to see Olivia's...have fun, your only young once...Gma N
That blog post was a treat for my eyes! The bright colors look FAB! Your mom is SO creative! I loved the invites too. Your mom could totally go into her own business: party planning? invitation designer? cake decorator? Woman of many hats!
I can't wait to see what we have in store for Livie's party!!!!!!
See you in Jellystone!
Love,
Auntie Jojo
cool bike tony. build up those quads for the next time your dad pulls out a map. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
uncle brian
Awesome party! Happy Birthday Tony! We are going to have to show these pictures to Vinny. He loves Lego's and will probably want to have a party just like this one someday! Jo- you did a great job with the party invites, and the gift bags and decorations....Love the cake! What is with all the cake decorators in your family? Everything looked great! Can't wait to see Livie's party pics!
The Laurienzo's
Post a Comment