We're always glad for a visit with Elizabeth and Drew, as we don't get to see them nearly enough. The four cousins took a break from catching frogs to pose for me on this wet, slimy log. Thanks guys!
First order of business was unloading the STATE CERTIFIED (good ol' MN) fire wood that Papa John brought out to the campground. Tony and Drew did a great job of stacking wood. (Brought back memories Brian.)
This year Camp Maras decided to step it up a big when it came to camp cooking. We purchased a Dutch Oven and were anxious to try it out. Here Chris shows off his first attempt....
...and YES it tasted as GOOD as it looks. It was beautiful to look at and utterly delicious. There wasn't a morsel left after the Maras clan dug in. Good job Camp Cook Chris!
Talk about beautiful and delicious. On our first day looking for blueberries we found wild raspberries at their peak. Yum!
You know that paint commercial where the lady paints her room green because at the paint store they told her it was calming....those are MY KIDS! Seriously, a hammock and a good book...
...what a way to spend a lazy afternoon.
On our second try at finding the ultimate blueberry patch, Tony discovered his favorite habitat. You can see Auntie Jojo scouting out the area. The kids had a blast playing on the rocks.
SCORE!!!! There were more blueberries than we could possibly pick. Made me sick thinking of how many we left behind.
Good thing Tony was camouflaged so the bears couldn't see him! (just kidding Tony)
Livie always found a patch with a comfortable spot to sit....smart girl.
The fruits of our labor...we filled every container we had in the camper and like I said, we could've filled a hundred more. We'll never tell where our secret spot is.....never.
5 comments:
Looks like lots of fun! I am so jealous of all the blueberries you picked. I love the pictures of the blueberries and all the beautiful woods. I agree, you've go to love MN!
There's nothing better than good old MN!!
So did you manage to get all those blueberries home in one piece? Rather....1,000,000 pieces?? Imagine the good stuff you can make....yum!
Looks like a great time! And the berries look delicious!
When will my kids hand quietly in a hammock and read a book? I have a stack of books and magazines I would like to read myself.
You can't complain about MN weather and pack up 4 buckets of blueberries headed for NE! No way! (I'm just very envious of your long warm growing season!) Auntie B
Post a Comment