Friday, August 14, 2009

One down....

...a lot to go! We all survived our first day of school. Livie lived to tell about 6th grade and Tony enjoyed his first day of 3rd grade.


Chris is at a golf tournament for a vendor at work so the kids and I picked up Subway and rented "Coraline." As I type this they are watching it in 3D.
I win the "Mother of the Year" award today. Livie NEEDED more library books...it's a weekly thing. So Tony and I dropped her off at the library at about 4:55 (you'll see the significance of time in a minute), ran to get cash, stopped at Walgreens for book covers and went to McDonalds (changed our minds when Tony saw what the happy meal toys were...priorities.) ANYWAYS, so we get to the library at around 5:30 and it's dark. Doors locked. Oh man...they close at 5!!!!!! Tony started to panic (he DOES love his sister). I put my face up to the window and there was Livie looking for books. The children's librarian saw me and let us in. MORTIFIED, I asked if they had called Social Services yet. Thank goodness we are regulars and they all know us very well. They took good care of Livie and I think she thought she died and gone to heaven having the whole place to herself. I better bring them brownies this week. Oy.
Have a great weekend. We're heading to a water park tomorrow for Cargill's "Family Fun Day." Kids are excited. I plan to plop my butt in a chair with a book!

9 comments:

bat act said...

Oh my gosh! I bet your heart was pounding! Glad everything was okay. You are still monthr of the year in my book. For real.
-AT

Jocko Sr. said...

Glad the start of the new school year went well. Way to go Livie. Locked in a library is a pretty neat deal especially to the world's best 6th grade reader! Only thing better would be locked in a Hershey chocolate factory.

Sally T said...

Livie, your wildest dream...to be locked in a library...every 6th graders dream come true!! You should write a story about that. Glad to see your leg grew back, Tony, has your tooth done the same? You both look great and glad you survived your first day of school...how was the water park??

eskubic said...

Ha! Good one Super Mom! Personally I'd rather be locked in a shopping mall, but I bet the library was pretty cool too. You both looked supercute for your first day of school. Wouldn't that be great if that is all the school year was? One day and then you were done again!? ! I mean NO WAY. That would so not be enough learning. Call me soon and give me the scoop!!

Missing you,
Auntie Ernie

Sally T said...

Livie, I forgot to tell you how cute you look on your first day...love your "Love" earrings, too!!! The hair looks good tucked behind your ears, it's getting there. Tony, you look "cute" too...oops, I mean handsome!! Can hardly wait to hear about your first week.....maybe we can talk this weekend, we'll be at Ernie's.

Anonymous said...

I bet you were the best lookin kids in school! Liv- Your hair looks super cute like that! I have never seen it like that before! Ton- Blue is so your color!

I hope this week at school is going well! Talk to you soon!

Love,
Auntie
Jojo

Anonymous said...

Livie, did anything goofy happen after the doors were locked, like in Night in the Museum? Any book covers start talking or anything? Have a great school year! Sorry we missed you guys this summer! Auntie B

Anonymous said...

Soooo... how was that first day at school or now that you are in your first Week ...Love your back to school look..Tony you love your Bohunk Blue as PaPa calls it...hope to talk to you soon...Love ya..be cool in school Gma N

Anonymous said...

Oh Jo, I laughed when I read your blog about the library. I once dropped Jen & Mike off at Sunday school and went to have coffee with a friend, only to find out everyone else set their clocks back but me (yikes), so they were there an hour early...at least it was at church...boy did I feel dumb! Liv & tony you are growing up so fast. What a great summer you had. Best of luck in school. Linda