Friday, May 22, 2009

Ernie Rocks!!!!

My sister, Erin, came up with a great idea for the kids....she sent 9 letters written on squares of paper. I hid the squares around their bedrooms last night while they slept...take a close look and you can see they surely don't lack for places to hide things...so much STUFF!!! Anyways, when they woke up this morning I instructed them to find the nine letters hidden in their room....


...um, Tony, take a look at your bulletin board! See those bins in Tony's closet? ALL of them are full of ANIMALS, divided by habitat of course. (i.e. arctic, rainforest, Australian outback, northern forest, African savanna, etc....)

Trying to unscramble the letters to form their final clue. See what Tony came up with right away? Makes me proud.

Liv figured hers out first.

Ah-ha!

Tony discovered his prize buried in my dusty pinecone basket...I need to address that when we get back.
Liv found hers in the placemat cupboard...we have a placemat fetish obviously.
Thanks Auntie Ernie for a SUPER FUN, special treat. Kids had a blast and were anxious to add the cash to their stash.....which is already substantial thanks to Papa John and Papa Jocko. They have more spending money for this trip than Chris and I do! ::)

2 comments:

Jocko Sr. said...

What a great idea Ernie! Have a safe and fun trip guys. I look forward to seeing your blog pictures of the trip.

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Have a good time! Can't wait to hear your stories! Auntie B