
Finally finding some time to update this darn thing...sorry it's been so long! This past weekend Chris and Tony stayed overnight at the Omaha Zoo with their Cub Scout Pack. This was
definitely a thrill for Tony. Above is a picture of the whole motley crew! The zoo does a nice job hosting
over night's such as this. They stayed in the "Exploration Station" which is the safari-themed trail-head at the zoo. Zoo staff stay overnight with them, lead them on night hikes, play games and provide snacks and breakfast.
Livie and I opted out of the experience. One mom who attended woke up with a cockroach on her arm...enough said.

Not a great picture, but I had to include a night shot of Tony's beloved Desert Dome. Underneath the dome is the "Kingdom of the Night" nocturnal exhibit...another of Tony's favorites. They got to visit at night when all the lights are
ON, very cool according to my 7-yr. old. They also got to tour the jungle exhibit where the lights were
OFF and bats and monkeys were on the prowl.

Just a cute picture of Tony and his best pal, Sam. Chris didn't get any pictures of where they "camped" but I'm grateful he took the camera and captured what he did.

Chris came home with a terrible "kink" in his back and spent the next 24 hours on the
living room floor with a heating pad under him. We had 4 tickets to see "Magic Tree House - The Musical" in Council Bluffs, Iowa the next day. Since he was laid up, we invited Olivia's friend Maggie to come along. For those of you who don't know, Magic Tree House is an awesome series of children's books. Liv read every one when she was Tony's age, and Tony currently
devourers them as fast as he can check them out from the library.

The musical was held at the Mid-America Center which is also a hockey arena for the Omaha Lancers. I'm quite certain there was ice still under the floor because it was FREEZING in there! The kids didn't seem to mind as they were all on a sugar high from the treats they got at the concession stand. As I type this our friend Maggie is in New York City with her Dad for a week. We can't wait until she gets home and tells us all about it!!! Lucky little girl!

Sorry to be a "Debbie Downer" but I feel compelled to add one last thing to my blog today. At 1:00 this afternoon, a funeral will be held for my dear high school friend, Lori
Luoma (far left). She passed away Nov. 11
th after suffering a brain aneurysm while on vacation in Phoenix. It's been quite a shock to all of us who knew and loved her. This picture is from May of this year...all the planets were in alignment and she along with another dear high school friend, Carol, were able to meet me for dinner one night while I was in the Twin Cities visiting Erin. I am so THANKFUL we had this visit as we had not seen each other for at least 10 years. I am so THANKFUL that I have this last memory of a fun night filled with memories and giggles. I chose this song for my blog today because Lori and I were editors of our Senior Yearbook and this song was the theme we chose. I think of her
every time I hear it. We will all miss Lori and I'll never understand why her time on this earth was so short.
On a lighter note, we will be leaving Tuesday for much needed vacation to Denver (via Amtrak!) over Thanksgiving break. I will probably not post until we get back.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all we hold near and dear. Take a moment to hug the ones you're with...life is a precious gift. We are thankful for you all and miss you everyday.
7 comments:
Alright you two, NO MORE GROWING until Christmas. I said the same thing to Cal too. Do your moms put fertilizer in your milk?! I'm glad to see a new post, finally. Looks like you are all having a good time as usual. Have a GREAT time in Denver. Can't wait to hear all about it. We'll miss you little turkeys at Thanksgiving but that will make Christmas all the more fun. Nice, tribute to Lori, JoEllen. I know you'll miss her. Gobble Gobble!
Love, Auntie Ernie
PS
MISS YOU!!!!
Jo-
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.....it's so hard, especially when it's unexpected and out of the blue. I hope you are doing well and getting lots of hugs from your fam. The kids look great! hope we can see you at christmas! love binz
Excellent tribute to Lori. As you can imagine, the church was PACKED full of friends & family. It was a nice mixture of family, friends from work (travelled by bus), friends from high school, and fellow MN Wild fans (proudly wearing their jerseys in Lori's honor). I'll email you more details but.... just wanted to point out that you wrote a nice tribute.
And with that said, I'm THANKFUL to still be in contact with you after all these years.
Hope you have an excellent trip to Denver!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Colleen
Tony I want to hear all about your night at the zoo, and Livie I want to hear all about your night at the musical! See you Tuesday! Love, Gramma Sally
thanks for finally posting. tony and livie, you look good and happy and smart as usual. i'm glad you're having so much fun down there. see you in a few weeks, have fun on your thanksgiving raildart ride.
uncle brian
sorry to hear about your friend jo, there were a lot of people talking about her at work, and so sorry that she passed away so soon.everyone knows everyone up here you know.. have a safe trip
shelley
So sorry about your friend, Lori. Sometimes, there just aren't any answers. Please keep up the posting, I look forward to the pictures and updates. Sounds like you made a good choice on passing up the camp out! Bugs, bats, and bad backs! Auntie B
Post a Comment