Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Another MN Road Trip

We had 4 days off for President's Day weekend, so the kids and I loaded up the ol' minivan again and headed north. We left after school Thursday, and didn't arrive at Erin's until 10:00. What a treat it was to see the look on Celia's face when she saw the kids in the morning!
For Valentine's Day the kids gave Celia some beads and a crown...isn't she the CUTEST!!!? And the SMARTEST if you ask me...man, that kid is sharp for just 16 months.

I just love these two pictures. I couldn't help but post both. Celia was thrilled to discover my kids can READ!!!! She loves books and they spent alot of time reading to her. Notice who controls the book...she's cute, smart and THE BOSS!!!

Once again, Celia controls the book. :) It is such a treat to see these three together. We can't wait until #4 joins the crew this summer!!!

It happened to my birthday on Saturday, sigh. My parents also came down for the weekend and Brian and Amanda met us for dinner Friday night. Before heading to the restaurant we roamed the mall for a bit. Tony is such a good big cousin...and he loves to shop...that's my boy!

Jeff pulled out all the tricks to keep Celia busy at the restaurant.....here she is checking emails on his Blackberry, either that, or she's calling China.

Brian's birthday is March 1st, so he horned in on my cake. I handed Jeff my camera, hence the blurry pictures. That's ok, makes us look younger, right Brian????????

As an added bonus, our friends from Cloquet - Tracey, Roni and Sol Hartung - drove to Elk River on Saturday. We got a hotel room for the night and had lot's of fun. It's always neat to see the kids pick up right where they left off last visit....Tracey and I do the same. We were lucky enough to leave the kids at Erin's for the afternoon so Tracey and I could shop the outlets. Thanks guys!
Livie and Roni had a blast snorkeling around the pool.

We all piled into the hotel room and I'm certain no one got a good night's sleep. Thanks Hartung's for making the trip! We had a great weekend with our family and friends, but it sure felt good to get home Monday. It was a LONG drive back to Nebraska on slippery roads and we did miss Chris. Thanks for painting the bathroom Chris...you da man!

We had one day of school/work and were rewarded this morning with a day off of school due to the -30 windchill! YAY!!!! Nelson is excited to have us home as you can see him attacking Tony in the picture above.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad we got to see you for dinner, thanks for driving up again.

yeah, no school. i loved those days, all two of them.

nice picture jeff, maybe if you would of had a few more beers it would of been in focus.

hi nelson!

uncle brian

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Jo. Makes Gramma and I proud to see how well the kids behave and how much fun they have together.

Hello to Chris and Nelson.

Papa Jack

Anonymous said...

Hi Kiss, Doh, Ivy and Nee.

I had so much fun playing with you guys! Thanks for the awesome tiara and beads and fancy ducks. I look at the pictures you drew for me every day. I will make sure mom never takes them down. Can you move in with us?

Love, Celia xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Looks like the pool was a hit! It was so great to see you all...thanks for making the long drive north! How did the bathroom turn out??? Mom

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you all too. Beers? Beers? Peach rum drinks?Wine, too? Hmmm.....looks like you had help having all that fun.

Anonymous said...

The photo of Celia and Tony walking hand in hand is priceless. It is so nice that they are close. Glad you all had such a good time.

Gloria

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JO! Love, love, love the pic of Tony holding C's hand at the mall. Looks like dinner was at Maggiano's - yummy, it's one of my favorites...I'm jealous! We hope to see you guys soon. -The Padgett's