Friday, May 25, 2012

40ish

Yesterday was Chris' 40ish birthday. The theme was "Chairs" as I got him a special camping chair with lumbar support for his aging back and my mom and dad also sent him a zero-gravity recliner for the patio. 
I'm pretty sure the kids will spend more time in the chair than he does. It is SUPER relaxing.
 Nothing beats a good box for entertainment.
 And a Dad that likes to mess with you. Poor Tony wasn't standing up, just hanging in the box by his armpits. "Hang on Tony while I grab the camera!"

 As always, the birthday boy requested homemade chocolate cake. Funny story as none of us could sleep last night. The cake had coffee in it and LOTS of cocoa...we compared notes and decided it was the cake that kept us all tossing and turning. 2 more nights and it should be gone!
 I snuck in a family shot. There just isn't much record of my existance on this blog!
 So proud. So proud. And check out those matching chins!!!
 At the end of every school year the kids bring home so much cool artwork.
 I never know what to do with it, so I've started taking pictures in case the originals "disappear" over time. This self portrait of Liv is amazing. This one might end up in a frame somewhere.
 I love this shot because I told her I was taking just a close up of the painting. We don't often capture Livie cutting loose.
 Tony had to create a parody of Grant Wood's "American Gothic". He of course chose Mr. & Mrs. Bigfoot. You can see Baby Bigfoot peaking through the window behind them.
 Nice job Tony...very creative!
Just had to throw this last picture in. A while back I was baking something and gave Tony the beater to lick. He totally had no clue what he looked like. Seriously, he's almost 11!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice to see the pics, since we weren't there...Love you Maras Nebraska!! Gma N

eskubic said...

Liv! Your artwork is amazing!! Love your self portrait. Love love. Tony! I"m so glad I finally figured out what to get you for your birthday. A box and a chocolate beater. Thanks! :-)

xo

Sally T said...

Love the self portrait...definitely frame that and hang it in your room, Livie!! Tony, your artwork was very creative as well...love the baby in the window! Remind me to send you all our empty boxes!!!