Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easter Weekend Fun!

Chris' parents made the trip down for Easter and brought our niece and nephew, Elizabeth and Drew, along with them. We hadn't seen any of them since Christmas, so we were very excited for their visit!

The Omaha Zoo just re-opened its aquarium after a mega-renovation the week they came. I took all four kids to the zoo so we could check it out for ourselves. It was AMAZING!!!! I didn't get a lot of very good pictures because of the glass AND because I had to make sure I didn't loose any kids among the throngs of people. I counted to 4 at least 500 times that day.




The boys.


The girls.


The whole gang next to a very cool stingray sculpture.


I have a soft spot for this aardvark and look forward to seeing it every visit.


It's always a treat to see what's blooming in the butterfly pavilion!


Saturday night we colored eggs. Thank goodness we had perfect weather so we could do it OUTSIDE.



Beautiful. Unique. Just like each of the kids. 



Another beautiful day and time to find the eggs the Easter Bunny hid....after we waited for what seemed likek HOURS for "someone" to get ready....can you guess who?



Drew waited patiently all weekend to play in the creek. I took the kids down there after dinner (I volunteered so I didn't have to do the dishes!) and they had a blast.



Kids never get tired of building dams. The creek is just a wonderland if you're a kid. And a big, muddy, messy, poison-ivy laden pain in the hinder if you're a mom. 


Elizabeth kept up with the boys, but took time to pick some flowers. As you can see, she was perfectly dressed for the occasion!


I swear this is one of my favorite pictures of ALL time. It needs no explanation whatsoever.


All clean and enjoying one last night together before their long trip home. Thank for coming guys...we had FUN didn't we?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Easter weekend...the kids really LOVE coming to visit their very favorite cousins...thanks to everyone Gma N

Anonymous said...

Haha! The boot picture! so.drew.

Looks like a good time had by all.

Nice post-

Jojo

eskubic said...

Great pictures! Looks like a fun weekend!