I don't have a picture to add to this post. I think the last picture taken of the two of us alone was probably in Mexico and we're wearing our swim suits... so I will save you the horror of that!
Today we celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary...technically not a milestone, but when I think about the fact that I met Chris when I was 19 and think about all that has transpired from there to here, 19 years seems noteworthy.
The two of us were pretty young when we got married and have literally grown up together. We seem to have "figured things out" and for the most part, our life together is easy, calm and happy. Marriage IS hard work, but it isn't rocket science. One of my favorite quotes is "Choose wisely, treat kindly." Those are words to live by, a simple statement that works.
So here's to a great partner. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't change a thing.
3 comments:
Jo...I second that!! Happy Anniversary! LOve Mom & DAD Maras
Happy 19th (no way!) anniversary! I'm willing to bet you spent it taking down Christmas, cleaning and doing laundry. What a relief to get back to work...right?
WHAT!?...Marriage is a lot of work?
Gez, what did I sign up for? I'm only kidding... in all honesty, Chris and yourself are great role models for success.
Happy Anniversary,
Love,
Jojo
Post a Comment