
The weekend before Thanksgiving my sister Erin and niece Celia came to Nebraska for a visit. We were SO excited to see them both....and Erin's perfect belly because we anxiously await the birth of Baby Skubic in February!!! Auntie Ernie brought along a great craft for the kids.

All three did a good job on this complex craft and the results were hilarious! We enjoyed attending a craft fair in Omaha and they joy of having a 5 yr. old in the house for a few days. This year we spent Thanksgiving here by ourselves. Our turkey turned out perfect and we've been gorging ourselves for days. The kids and I did a little "Black Friday" shopping and Chris got our lawn mowed for the last time and got the snowblower fired up and ready. However, it won't break our hearts if it doesn't see any action for a while.

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving we ventured out to get our tree. It was SO windy!!! If you look close at this picture you'll see it is blurry because I could hardly hold the camera still...it was THAT windy. We enjoyed 73 degrees on Thanksgiving day, but knew that was our last blast of warm for a long long time.

The kids are getting so big you can hardly see the tree! However, we still have fun decorating every year. Tony just oozes Christmas cheer and you can't help but get excited along with him.

Another beauty, another Christmas on the way. After decorating we all settled in for our yearly tradition of watching "Elf". I don't know what I enjoy more...Will Ferrell or hearing Chris laugh hysterically year after year. It just never gets old. And remember...there is room for EVERYONE on the Nice List!!!!
4 comments:
What a beautiful tree. Can you bring it to MN with you? I promise to take good care of it and dispose of it in a responsible manner. Please?
It looks beautiful! We are going out tomorrow to get our first real tree. So long to fake trees! I hope we are as lucky at finding such a pretty tree!
Lookin' good! Thanks for having us last weekend - we had so much fun! Nancy the turkey is still hanging in my car - freaks me out every time I look at my right blind spot. Celia sure loves her big cousins - you guys are the best! See you in a few weeks...I'll be gi-normous!!!! Gobble gobble.
I'm sad it was just the 4 of you for Turkey Day. We can not let that happen again! However, I sure it was lovely and a very relaxing time.
Love the tree and tradition! I haven't let myself watch Elf yet... too early. The longer I wait the funnier it is :)
I don't blame Ton, Christmas is the coolest.
Liv, love the new jacket- your mom told me about it.
Miss everyone, see you soon! I'm spiffin' up our little place in Paradise for a visit from M4 over Christmas. Hope you can schedule us in.
Love,
Auntie Jojo
Post a Comment