It's a "new" kind of Halloween at the Maras house this year. Tony is out in the neighborhood with his pals all by themselves for the first time. Livie is NOT trick-or-treating for the first time. I am not passing out candy for the first time. Chris is not following kids around the neighborhood for the first time. It's just odd. (I have to add, when it was time to carve my two very-well-trained children immediately donned their "paint" shirts without being told. ha!)
Despite our kids busy social calendars, we managed to get our pumpkins carved Sunday afternoon.
As usual, Tony and Livie came up with awesome ideas for their pumpkins this year! Can you guess which is which?
We just happened to have today off from school for teacher in-service so this is what a 13 yr old does the day after a Halloween sleepover party!
Three 10 yr. old boys before....
...and after! Gone are the days of cute costumes. Tony told me in no uncertain terms that it was NOT COOL to wear "homemade, organic costumes." (his words exactly) However, I am what I am, so he still has a "homemade" loot bag and the costume is 2nd hand from ebay. ;)
5 comments:
Happy Halloween to you!! Good job Livie...I give that job to PaPa..Tony LOVE the Al Capone??? Hope you got Lots of Treats...Gma N
Love the stash Tony. Although it's kinda wierd seeing you with one. I remember the days of Thomas the Train. Sigh. Liv - reading in bed all day would be awe. some. Glad you could do that. And a little shoe shopping with me. ;)
The spider pumpkin is Livie's and the scarey face eating a baby pumpkin is Tony's. Am I right? Love the 'stache, Tony, it kinda balances out the eyebrows! Great striped suit, too...did you get any cash? Livie, wish you would come to my house and hand out candy.....papa refuses!
BTW - Awesome pumpkins!! Love the spider and I find the pumpkin eating one of it's own very...creative. Kind of like the bloody peep head cupcakes at Easter. :-)
See you soon!
Auntie Ernie
Totally grown up! Change is good! Right!?
Ton- great costume, scary, but cool! You are right... 4th grade and up- the scarier the better.
Liv- You have the best job of all! We didn't get ANY trick-or-treaters here....envious of the copious amounts of ghouls!
Love,
Auntie Jojo
Post a Comment