Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another LONG update....

It's time for a mega-post. I'm sorry I don't do this more often....sit tight, and enjoy the show!

Two weekends ago we found ourselves with a Monday off, so we headed up to MN for Celia's 3rd birthday party. Above is her AMAZING princess cake to go with the theme of the party.

Here the REAL princess poses with her cake and the cake master Gramma Sally.

Oh, it's so FUN to be the birthday princess!!!

Here is CC posing with Uncle Mark and his girlfriend Megan, along with the battery powered, 4-wheeler they gave her. Notice the "yahoo" in the background.

Working hard to blow out all her candles. Hard to tell where CC ends and the cake begins! We're so happy we got to celebrate with her!

The girls perform a duet before bedtime.... I think Celia needs her OWN clarinet.

Sunday we visited 101 Market in Elk River for some fall fun. Tony found himself in CORN HEAVEN!!!

These pedal carts were a blast...what fun it would be to have these for our bike trail!

Way to crush an 11 yr. old girl Jeff!

Potato launching was a hoot. Chris is totally going to build one of these for our "imaginary" house in the country.

While we were gone, Olivia missed out on 4 days to construct an Animal Cell Model for her science class. Breaking our "use what you have" rule, we stopped at a craft store on our way home from MN to get a styrofoam ball. Let's just say I about POOPED my pants when I saw the price.....let's just say it cost more than $13.00 and less than $15.00. I'm thinking we need to buy some styrofoam stock!
This picture was supposed to be one of Olivia holding the cell...some reason it won't delete. So you get to look at it twice! She did a great job of finding things around the house to complete her project. See Chris, there is a reason why I've saved all that crap, I mean crafts over the years!
So we got home Monday, the cell got turned in Wednesday, and then on Friday Gramma and Papa Maras came for a visit! Saturday Gramma, the kids and I bummed around Omaha while the guys played cards and watched football.
On Sunday morning we participated in the Zoo Run. Chris completed the 7k race and the kids and I did the 1 mile fun run. Its was COLD COLD COLD!!!!! But we had a fun morning. I propped my camera on a garbage can...sorry about the glare. Gramma and papa weren't up for a trip to the zoo at 7:45 a.m. so they stayed back to enjoy the Sunday paper and made us a big breakfast upon our return!

Someone from Cargill shot this picture of our speed demon. Good job Chris!

After a big breakfast and showers we took a drive to an apple orchard in Iowa. It's a nice, small family operation we've visited in years past. The pumpkin patch was packed with people and medium sized pumpkins. So we bought our bag of apples and ventured up the road to the "BIG PATCH." It was unattended, so being the straight-laced family we are, we immediately raided the trees that were loaded with delicious, sweet apples.

YUM!!!! Nothing tastes better than an apple right off the tree on a warm fall day.

Papa John stepped out of the car, picked up the first pumpkin he saw and thought we'd call it good. Oh John, you have no idea do you? Finding the right pumpkin is almost as bad as when we go to pick out our Christmas trees. It's gonna be a while....

Searching....

Stopping to pose and eat another apple. Still searching...

Still searching AND disagreeing....

Took a minute to pose the family in the patch.

A nice shot of Gramma, Papa and the kids. All that searching and I never did get a picture of our final pick. You'll have to wait until they're carved!
After a nice afternoon we stopped at the DQ on our way back into town. This is a VERY significant picture because....OH HAPPY DAY....we have been without an Dairy Queen for over a year! It just re-opened under new ownership last week. The kids couldn't wait to go there...and let's be honest, Chris and I couldn't wait either. Life without ice cream is just a bummer.
Thanks for making the trip Gramma and Papa. We always have fun when you visit! So that's the Maras family re-cap. We've got nothing on the books in the near future. This weekend will be spent fashioning Halloween costumes and because report cards come out tomorrow, perhaps another trip to the DQ!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool cell! When we studied cells my science teacher came up with a really cool idea-to use a paper plate for the base of the cell and take all kinds of different candy and glue them on for the different cell parts. It was a lot of fun! Hope the school year is going well for you both!

~ The Kastes

bat act said...

Man, you are one busy family! I get exhausted just reading your blog! How do you fit in time for school and work with all that! Keep it up! :)

Anonymous said...

Liv: If it matters, this teacher gives you an A+ (on your science project).

Yeah! Your bangs are finally all grown out! That has to be a great feeling!

Ton: I dig your plaid shorts. If I ever need fashion advice I am going to you young Clinton Kelly.

Great pic of the kids with Papa and Gma

Chris, train ALL you want! I WILL beat you at The Gateway to the West 5K... Your talking with the Mesabi YMCA -Black Cat 5K- top female finisher.

Love,

Auntie
Jojo

Sally T said...

NE must be on another planet. The planet MN is on does not have warm enough weather to wear plaid shorts! In your family picture, Tony is only a TAD shorter than Livie...what's going on here?? It must be all that good IA corn you eat, Tony!! Livie, don't let him catch you!!! And Livie...your cell was AWESOME!!! Good job, girl. Tony, are you a leader now?

Anonymous said...

Cool pix. We always enjoy reading about your activities! You always do such fun things!
Hope to see you over the holidays!

The Laurienzo's

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the company & weather...those 9 plus hours drive not soo good..take pics of Halloween nite...love you guys..Gma N

eskubic said...

Coolest cell ever. What's a cell?

Thanks for helping with my party. If you start walking now, maybe you can be here in time to trick or treat tomorrow night??

Miss you,
CC Snow White

vertinjr said...

JO....Nothing Sally does surprises me....looks like you girls are a LITTLE like her....you do so much with your kids!! I enjoy reading your posts and see how the kids are growing....thanks.
Gloria