Thursday, June 19, 2008

Olivia's Birthday Re-cap

Get comfortable, here's another LONG one...

As I begin Liv's birthday post I have to pause and say HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY to Nelson also. When we went to adopt him and found out his birthday was the same as Liv's, the kids knew it was meant to be. We do love the little guy. (even though he threw up all over the couch and chair while I was downstairs making 5 Nancy Drew purses, even though.)

Liv's friend Maggie slept over the night before the party. She left today to spend the rest of the summer with her family in Texas so the girls had to squeeze in as much time together as possible. Anyways, they had fun making signs for the "book store" and helping me decorate.

Here are the party girls in the "Bookworm Book Chest" checking out all the great summer reads they'll be taking home.
Olivia requested a Dairy Queen cake with EXTRA FUDGE...yum! I didn't get a chance to have a piece yesterday and dreamt about it last night. I may just put my feet up later today and enjoy a BIG piece. :)

Our big activity was making purses out of old Nancy Drew books I got on ebay. It was an undertaking, but the girls really liked them. Thanks to Chris for once again helping me "engineer" my plan the night before. Our left brain/right brain relationship really comes in handy sometimes!

Here's Liv's finished purse...pretty cute.

The girls had some time left at the end of the party before parents arrived. I had some "filler games" ready to go, but they all wanted to go outside and play Hide n Seek. They had a blast...I always enjoy this part of home birthday parties the best. No matter how much planning you do, they have the MOST fun when they can just be kids.

As soon as our guests were shooed out the door we headed to Omaha to take in the College World Series. Chris' friend, Faron, was kind enough to give us four tickets for the Stanford vs. Miami game. The kids rooted for Miami since they LOVE Florida. Chris rooted for Stanford because it's a strong ACADEMIC school (whatever). I rooted for Miami because I figured I couldn't have gotten admitted to Stanford. :) By the way...Stanford 8, Miami 3.

Just a picture of the Fam. Rosenblatt is in it's final years of existance. A new stadium is to be built downtown Omaha with the promise of hosting the CWS for the next 25 years. We sure did enjoy all the sights and sounds of this old stadium. We had great seats under the canopy which kept us out of the hot sun and out of the rain shower during the 5th inning. No alcohol is served in the stadium making it a fun place to bring your kids.

Thanks for a great evening Mr. Faron...the kids had a blast! And congratulations on making your BLOG DEBUT!!!! I think this was the first time Tony ever had HIS ear talked off. :)

Tony attacked his cotton candy like it was a giant turkey leg. We left the stadium having consumed 2 pork sandwiches, 1 chicken basket, 1 hot dog, 2 lemonades, 1 water, 2 cotton candy, 3 smoothies and 1 dippin dots. So much for the FREE tickets! Ha ha. It's always about the food really.

We got these cute little flower picks in our smoothies...silly Livie.

On our way home we drove by the Mutual of Omaha headquarters downtown. How COOL is this? They are promoting the US Olympic Swim Trials which are at the Qwest Center starting June 29th. You can't really see it here, but the blue light was wavy and looked just like water on the side of the building. We were all impressed and excited because we managed to score tickets from our neighbor to attend the event next week! Omaha really is a great city...and we have a great neighbor. Thanks Mr. Scheve!
So that's it. Next week Auntie Jojo is coming to stay with us and I'm sure we'll have LOTS of fun things to post. Hope you all are having a GREAT summer!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a action packed day. Love the blog pictures and Jo you really add to the pictures with your great comments. Glad you all had fun and I thought I was the free ticket guy? I guess not. I see the girls found my shade tree. To think a big day for me at age 10 was hiding under Ma's porch after my cousin Jerome did something bad. Right Gloria?

Sorry Jerome.

Jocko Sr.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and story telling. The party looked like a big hit, and you are right about the game being "all about the food"...what else is there? I am going to the Twins game Saturday night and I am already thinking about what I am going to eat when I get there.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a great birthday, Bug. Maybe next year we will be together on our birthdays? You'll be 11 and I'll be 29 again! Yay!

Miss you tons!

Auntie Ernie

Anonymous said...

What a great, and busy, birthday party, Livie! Love the purses, the cake, the decorations...and I especially loved your pink and green striped hat! It looks great on you! Sure wish we could have been there with you...maybe next year. I'll be 29 too...what a coincidence! Love Gramma Sally

Anonymous said...

What a great day and more great summer events coming up. Livie, maybe you and your mom could make a few thousand purses and put them on ebay? Good idea, right Jo?

-Uncle Jeff

Anonymous said...

awesome posting!! funny stuff, looks like a super fun day. i like to think if i would have put forth even the slightest bit of effort in high school i could have played ball at rosenblat. ahh. nice pick chris, stanford is a baseball powerhouse.

Anonymous said...

oh, i forgot. keep dreaming ernie!

brian

Anonymous said...

Erin...what a good Mom you are!!! Going on ebay and doing the purses. What a great idea. Love the photos..feel like I was there peeking!!

Now to Jackie...yeah..you did get blamed for things Jerome would do and hide under the porch. But, I would come to your rescue. Good thing my son, Matty never did anything wrong...only Jerome!!

Gloria
Not sorry, Jerome!!! (oops!! did I really say that!!)

Anonymous said...

that is my kind of baseball game, lots of yummy food!
-Amanda (a.k.a. the good eater)

Anonymous said...

Jo....sorry I called you Erin....I check the blogs and sometimes I get confused as to which blog I am in....so anyway.....Jo....you are an awesome Mom.....

Gloria

Anonymous said...

it's okay gloria, you should hear what i call her.

brian

Shelley said...

happy birthday liv! hope you had a great day!!
XO

Anonymous said...

Oh, Brian....I know you call her your "special" sister...bella tussa, sorella, etc......and beware...it will soon be firecracker day.....stay away from the fireworks...they will crack your butt....

Gloria