Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring's Beauty

Our apple trees are in full bloom right now so I posed the kids before we lose them all. Last year we had a hard freeze in mid-April and ended up with no apples. Looks like we'll have a bumper crop this year! All over town trees are in their full splendor....I love spring!
This Bleeding Heart is Livie's pride and joy. We had a nice one in MN and this was one of the first things she wanted to plant when we moved here. It got zapped in the above mentioned freeze last year so we were thrilled to see it thrive this spring! Gramma Sally taught her how to take the blooms apart and find the slippers, earrings, baby bottle, etc... I'm surprised it has any flowers left on it!

Just had to throw this one in of our little neighbor, Katie. She is two and LOVES to play with the kids. She is always over here copying everything they say and do. We all get a real kick out of her and I couldn't resist snapping a photo of her in her cool shades.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great Spring pictures. You guys are about 1 month ahead of us as far as the growing season goes. Flowers, trees and the kids all look great. Glad you snapped the picture before you lose the kids.

Your Dad

Anonymous said...

I can't believe your bleeding heart is blooming....mine has little red nubs, barely poking themselves out of the soil....barely! Our apple trees don't even have buds yet! The robins are busy building their nests however...maybe we'll watch birdies grow instead of flowers!!! I want your growing zone. Mom

Anonymous said...

You kids look great! And the plants aren't too bad either! Grandma Rose had the biggest bleeding heart you ever saw at her home in Soudan. Whenever I look at one, I think of her. Enjoy your beautiful weather. Auntie B

Anonymous said...

You two are the cutest.

Miss you!

Ernie

Anonymous said...

Livie, I used to love my mom's bleeding hearts too. I loved popping them open when my mom wasn't looking! :)
-Amanda

Shelley said...

I wish it were that warm and nice here!! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

You lucky kids......such nice weather and flowers blooming. We had 4" of snow on Sunday and yesterday..Monday, we had snow showers....but it is all gone...but I don't know about flowers blooming...maybe by the 4th of July!!

Gloria