Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Seriously...how can it be MAY already??????


Is anyone else in complete DENIAL that it is May already? I'm not sure when that happened...but all I know is school is out a week from tomorrow, it was 96 degrees here yesterday and today is supposed to be even HOTTER. So here is a very outdated update, starting with our Easter visit to Elk River, MN.


We rolled in late Thursday night and Friday was spent doing some shopping for new summer wardrobes because my kids have grown 18"this year and are GIANTS. Then we got down to some serious egg dying.



Tony stuck to green and blue of course.



Celia took the whole process very seriously....they were supposed to be "Tie dye" eggs. But after about 5 minutes they became "Just throw them in the cups" eggs.



Next on the agenda was cup cake decorating.



If you are a dentist this is called JOB SECURITY!!!



Oh that darn Easter Bunny...seriously. He needs to learn to clean up after himself! He seemed to enjoy the cupcake and the carrot. Thumbs down on the salami Tony put on the plate.




Time to find the eggs....hey - that's CHEATING Uncle Jeff!



They still turned out beautiful!



On Monday, Erin and I took the kids to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum. If you live in Minnesota and have never been there...GO!!!! Such an amazing place. I want to visit during every season. Here's our first "Grandma Picture."



Second "Grandma picture." Can't wait until later this summer when Cal and Quinn will be here too!



I don't often get to use the word "Idyllic" in a sentence. But doesn't this little farm look like an IDYLLIC place to live?




We enjoyed our first picnic of the year.




At the end of our visit the kids had fun playing in the giant "birds nest" located at the entrance.



We recently took our first trip to the Zoo this year as well. I just thought these birds looked like pink cupcakes!




How do they know which tree is the "white bird tree" and which tree is the "pink bird tree" anyways?



We all got a kick out of the Chameleon and his bright colors.


The tulips were so bright they almost hurt your eyes. I did not doctor this picture up at all.



I'm SO glad it is Spring!



Had to throw in a picture of Tony's beloved Okapi. It seems the zoo is introducing a new one to the enclosure...perhaps a quest for babies....Okapees?



The perfect way to wrap up a perfect Spring day. We've got the Skubics (minus Jeff who is traveling for work) and G/G Thompson coming for Liv's dance recital this weekend. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

bat act said...

salami for the easter bunny? That is an interesting choice! Although, if I were the easter bunny, I would have given you extra candy for leaving salami for me Tony! Yum!