Friday, April 15, 2011

Lame Update

I just don't take that many pictures of my kids anymore. They are almost 10 & 13 and although I love them dearly, they just aren't as cute and posable as they used to be! Ha ha. So anyways, here is a lame update. Several weeks ago Tony participated in a Chess Tournament. He's been involved in Chess Club all year and this ended their "season." He seemed to enjoy it. Can't say that it's much of a spectator event though...and to quote my little pacifist..."Hey, SOMEBODY had to come in last!" It might have been that same weekend....just not sure....my April calendar is just a sea of Sharpie right now....we took a hike at the nearby Wildlife Refuge. It was a beautiful day and it felt good to get out for our first hike of Spring. Tony loves the prairie and took it as it as a compliment when told that his hair is the exact same color as prairie grass.

Liv had just joined the Jr. High track team so her legs were very tired. One swift push....



How cute were these 12 little turtles all in a row....


...and one little froggy to signify that it is finally spring.



If I were to take this picture in the same spot today you'd see a lot more green. Right now the trees are all budding out and the grass is getting that green hue that almost hurts your eyes. However, last Saturday was 85 and sunny and today it's 38 and rainy...we're only a couple degrees away from snow! Only in Nebraska can you have tornadoes and snow within 7 days of each other.

7 comments:

eskubic said...

Well maybe you should start taking more pictures of Chris then. He's still cute and posable.

Livie, I love you to the moon but I would have PAID to see you roll off that ledge (injury free of course). HA! I can just picture it. And frankly I'm a little surprised you didn't?!? Hope your meet went well yesterday....

Tony, your hair IS the same color as prairie grass! How cool is that? Guess it was meant to be. Someone once told me I have dirty dishwater colored hair. Hmmmm.

Ernie

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to enjoy your nice weather...here winter just does not seem to go away...yesterday we had our last APRIL snowstorm...we are just saying SPRING SPRING SPRING.....HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!! Gma N

Sally T said...

Great pics....envy your temps and green grass...a sea of snow out the window today. Love the turtle picture, but where are the alligators???

Anonymous said...

Prairie grass hair is better than my "scorched earth" look Tony.

Hurry up and get here already!!!

Uncle Jeff

Anonymous said...

Chess club is cool...

Liv do you do the hurdles in track? If not, you should. I think you could step over them (without any jumping :)

I don't care what your mom says, I still think your cute and posable :)

Love,
Auntie Jojo

bat act said...

I agree, you two are still as cute as can be. Quit growing up so fast though! You both have to be a foot taller than last time I saw you, wow!

Anonymous said...

Always good to see updates even if you claim they are lame! We like to see what you guys are up to in Nebraska....it's always more exciting than what we are doing here. Thanks for the cute pictures!

The Laurienzo's